Fix BB&T/Truist Direct Connect or change to alternative bank?

Options
jschaffe
jschaffe Member ✭✭✭✭
Ever since the BB&T/Suntrust merger, my checking and savings downloads from BB&T to Quicken/Mac have become unreliable, sometimes failing completely for a week or more.  The errors seem to be HTTP-400 or Download Error (503).  The discussions in his community have discouraged me from converting my Quicken accounts to Truist.  Is anyone having better success with BB&T or Truist using Direct Connect?

Alternatively, I am considering changing banks.  In your experiences, are there any banks that are high reliable with Quicken (particularly the Mac version) and reliably available?

Thanks!

Answers

• Johndy
    Johndy Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm right there with you.

I'm still configured as direct connect with BB&T, Mac on Monterey with most recent Quicken cloud subscription. My updates started failing with unresolved HTTP 400 errors again this morning. I had the exact same thing happen on Jan 9th as well as web site access errors that took most of Monday morning the 10th to resolve. Its frustrating to have to chase this problem. I too am going to start evaluating alternatives. There has to be a better path forward.
  • jschaffe
    jschaffe Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I posted the initial comment, above, after at least a dozen failed download attempts this morning, including one minute before I composed the message.  Less than 5 minutes after posting, I tried 2 more times, and it worked correctly the second time.  That's great for today, but this pattern of continuing, intermittent failures and the lack of Truist support for Direct Connect has eroded all my confidence!
  • Johndy
    Johndy Member ✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately, I'm still down even with a reboot....
  • jschaffe
    jschaffe Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, Johnny!  I wonder why it's sporadic from one user to another?
  • jschaffe
    jschaffe Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry also that your name Johndy was autocorrected!  (See if it makes it through this time.)
  • kingfisher500
    kingfisher500 Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I'm right there with you all again. I thought I had fixed this recently after re-establishing my connection with the original BB&T FI. This morning, however, I am no longer able to use Direct Connect with Truist.
  • BrToan
    BrToan Member
    Options
    Just off a 45 minute call with Truist to get "it's a known problem with Webconnect and they are working on it". However long that will be.
  • Hedgewick
    Hedgewick Member ✭✭
    Options
    Truist Rep I talked to said he recently was in a meeting where they announced Truist will no longer support Quicken Direct Connect.
This discussion has been closed.