I keep getting an error of "uyyy" after I enter "ck #" or "cash" in the "check number" column.

Options
Susan76
Susan76 Member
How do I get the data to stay and not have "uyyy" after I turn off Quicken?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Susan76,

So, that is a question that I can easily answer.  Both of those items (the renter's ck #, and a note of "cash payment", and any other similar types of notations should be placed in the "Memo" field.

Hope this helps and please don't be a stranger - we are here to help.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Susan76,

You used a Quicken "Windows" category to enter your inquiry.  I am a Windows user and cannot replicate (or even get to a close proximity of) what you are apparently seeing.  When I enter those characters in the "check number" field I get whatever text/numbers I actually enter. I am not sure why you'd try to enter anything other than the "check number" in that field, but it should not (and does not in my file) revert to "uyyy".  Are you sure the your post is accurate?

If it is - then I suggest that you contact Quicken Support for more assistance - here's that LINK

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Susan76
    Susan76 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am new to quicken and trying to figure it out. Where should I record the renter's check # or note cash payment. I was trying to do it in "check number" column...but maybe it needs to recorded in the description area. Thanks again...
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi again @Susan76,

So, that is a question that I can easily answer.  Both of those items (the renter's ck #, and a note of "cash payment", and any other similar types of notations should be placed in the "Memo" field.

Hope this helps and please don't be a stranger - we are here to help.

Frankx

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you saying that you create a transaction with "cash" in the check number column, then exit and restart Quicken and you see something different in that column? 

What version of Quicken are you running?

I tried that with QWin Premier US v37.67 and did not see that problem.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Susan76
    Susan76 Member
    Options
    That is helpful. Thank you!
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for clarifying the issue.

The Check # column is for the check number of checks you write, or, for online payments, the number may be filled in by the payment service. You can click on the little down-arrow at the right of the entry field to see other built-in functions -
    Next Check num - Quicken fills it with what it thinks is the next check number (you should make sure it gets this right)
    Print check - the check is added to the list of checks waiting to be printed
    etc.

It is OK to leave that field blank. 

QWin Premier subscription
  • Susan76
    Susan76 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.