Can't Reconcile Accounts

Scott Baines
Scott Baines Member ✭✭✭
I have update to R38.26. As of today, I can't reconcile any of my accounts. There is a "difference" that totals the newly downloaded and cleared transactions. So, the online balance is off by that amount. Don't know if it is related to the new update or existed before. Was able to reconcile all my accounts last month. This is happening on multiple accounts. Any ideas?

Comments

• Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭✭
    When I downloaded transactions using "one step update", I have this problem. If I "update" each account individually the problem goes away and I'm able to reconcile my accounts. Seems "one step update" is not bringing in the latest online balance information, where updating individually does.
  • Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭✭
    Is anyone else having issues reconciling their accounts after "one step update"? I'm still seeing the issue.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    There certainly has been a rash of people reporting Online Balance/dates being wrong for Express Web Connect accounts lately.  The fact that the Update Now works is nice extra information that I hope the developers will take into account.  I suggest you use Help -> Report a problem, to send them a description of what is going on, and of your logs.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭✭
    My issue shows up for both Express Web and Direct Connect. Even with the update today of R38.29, I'm still seeing the issue. I have used the "report a problem" to send info on the problem
  • Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭✭
    i'm still having this issue reconciling my accounts. Seems the balance records are not getting sent at the same time as the downloaded transactions. Is anyone else having this issue? i've reported it to quicken. Eventually the balance records are updated and i can reconcile my account, but it happens again if there are new transactions.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    i'm still having this issue reconciling my accounts. Seems the balance records are not getting sent at the same time as the downloaded transactions. Is anyone else having this issue? i've reported it to quicken. Eventually the balance records are updated and i can reconcile my account, but it happens again if there are new transactions.
    For Direct Connect, only the financial institution can fix this.  And yes, I have seen the "out of sync" in some cases even for Direct Connect, for instance my Costco Citi Card does it at certain times, I just come back the next day and reconcile it.

For Express Web Connect it is much more complicated because of all the players involved, and because certainly financial institutions can have policies that they don't want Inuit checking for transactions, but once a day.
    Signature:
  • Most of my bank account and CC reconcile balances froze on 2/13 even though I have performed several downloads since then including yesterday. Windows 10 Premier R38.30
  • Michael Cambria
    Michael Cambria Member ✭✭✭
    It looks like I too have this, and across multiple different institutions.

In my case the online balance date is ~ Feb 5 2022 and matches the amount in the register of that date.

Should we switch to reconcile via paper statement vs online balance? Or will this just screw up Quicken later on?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Changing from online reconciling to paper statement and back will not harm anything.

There is a warning about changing from online to paper, but that is more about understanding that you are switching in the middle of the month so that some of the month's transactions will already be reconciled and that might be confusing if you were really comparing transaction to transaction on a statement.
    Signature:
  • Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭✭
    I think there are multiple people having this issue. Just playing with quicken and using One step Update or Updating a single account, i eventually get the correct online balance to reconcile to. This only started a couple of months ago.  i don't believe this is a financial institution problem unless quicken has changed requirements to them. I have this problem with multiple financial institutions. Please continue to report the problem and send them logs, hopefully they'll get his solved.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think there are multiple people having this issue. Just playing with quicken and using One step Update or Updating a single account, i eventually get the correct online balance to reconcile to. This only started a couple of months ago.  i don't believe this is a financial institution problem unless quicken has changed requirements to them. I have this problem with multiple financial institutions. Please continue to report the problem and send them logs, hopefully they'll get his solved.

Even though online balances have always had various problems, I too feel just from the reports here (I only use Direct Connect and don't have the problem) the online balance problems have gone way up lately.

One thing I do know is that there has been a lot of work on the connection between Quicken's servers and Intuit, so it is possible this is related to that.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.