How do I address a One Step Update prompt of "don't add to quicken?"

I was running into an error stating "desktop transaction in [account] on [date] for [amount] was not synced. Illegal Operation. Upon reviewing the help section, it recommended backing up the quicken, re-syncing the cloud, then trying again to do the accounts update. I took all those steps. When I tried to do another "One Step Update" I received a prompt to continue with an account already in quicken, but the action was to "Don't add to quicken." I don't know if I should proceed with the next step. Will I erase all the information on this already existing account, or is this saying that it will not duplicate the information already in the account?

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @gerioyler

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this difficulty and for the confusion. To clarify, the original error message received could have simply been a discrepancy when syncing your information. 

I would recommend to first make a backup of your current file then select Edit >Preferences >Mobile & Web >Reset Cloud Data. 

Once your cloud data has been reset please resync your file and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.