BoA (Bank of America) account update keeps asking for 2FA during every update

Options
Beijing Mac
Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
My wife opened 2 BoA accounts - a Visa and a savings account.  I connected to our Quicken account with the "Bank of America - Quicken" & Express Web Connect setup.

It always wants a second code (have to select my wife's cell phone number to get code).  I thought I've readd where users have said they were able to bypass this BoA requirement for updating Quicken.

Am I understanding users correct and they don't have to enter a 2FA every update?  or do you?  Any way to fix this?

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should be able to go the the Security page of the BofA web site and turn off 2FA.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thank you for the response -- however, it appears to be turned off already:

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options
    Maybe it's a different security setting. What about "remember this device"?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Rocket -- but when I check profile settings, "Remember this device" is already in "on" setting.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Options
    I have recently heard elsewhere that 2FA cannot be disabled when using Express Web Connect with B of A. So you may be stuck with it. All I can recommend is phoning both the bank & Quicken Support.

• bullmoon
    bullmoon Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had a mix of BoA accounts and the old ones used direct connect. A new card I added started using Web Connect and I was not able to get it to do otherwise. I put up with the code request for several months, but today here's what I did to fix it:

1 - right clicked on the credit card account and selected Edit/Online Services/Deactivate
    2 - Opened the Accounts List from the tools menu - I could see the Account listed and in the Transaction Download column, it was marked No(Activate Download)
    3 - I clicked on Activate Download and Logged into the Bank
    4 - it showed me all my BoA accounts and let me choose the new card and to "Add to Quicken"
    5 - now it shows in the Account List as "Direct Connect" as all my other BoA accounts.

This may not work for new customers who have no existing Direct Connect accounts (from what I have read) but take that with a grain of salt because nothing I have read about this has been helpful - I stumbled luckily onto this procedure after trying to modify it directly from right-clicking on the account didn't work. Doing it from the Account List seemed to be the trick/workaround/bug/feature, etc.
This discussion has been closed.