Quicken keeps changing balances on bank accounts, credit cards and loans

After balancing everything for 2021 a few days ago, I opened up Quicken to find everything totally hosed going back 1.5 years. Account credits changed from one account in a credit union, giving all the credit to the other account. I spent 4 hours desperately trying to redo everything. It was all done except a small $100 error. SUDDENLY, my bank balances changed and all the accounts did as well. As if I hadn't fixed a thing. I am so upset. Can anyone help me?
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 / Quicken Version 6.5.1 (Build 605.42638.100)
Tagged:

Comments

• tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    By any chance did you sync your file to the cloud after balancing the books?
  • Not that I know of.
  • tnmats
    tnmats Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Since you posted in the Quicken Mobile section I assume you had cloud sync turned on and sync'd the desktop file to the cloud. Even if you didn't manually sync there's an option for it in One Step Update, it'll sync with the cloud unless you manually turn off the setting.

Make sure that cloud sync is OFF globally in your desktop Quicken. I can't say where the setting is in MacOS but in Windows it's under

Edit (menu item at the top of the Quicken window)
    Preferences (bottom of the Edit pull-down)

At the bottom of the Preferences window there's a "Mobile & Web" setting. Make sure that setting is OFF.

Cloud sync has caused all kinds of desktop data corruption, I've had sync switched off off for over 1.5 yrs. since it started changing data in the memorized payees on my desktop data then was corrupting my checking account plus causing corruption of a closed account to boot. I quit allowing cloud sync and abandoned Quicken Mobile, until recently.

I tried cloud sync with this new release (R37.67) and the worst corruption did not happen for a week but started damaging things just like it used to again this evening. I restored a clean backup and switched cloud sync off again, nothing has been fixed after all of this time.
  • I'm going to do this! Thank you!
  • BH1980
    BH1980 Member ✭✭
    Can you turn off Cloud Sync and still use the Quicken Mobile app on your phone? I have experienced the same problems as Julie so I just quit using the app, but I'd like to be able to.
  • BH1980
    BH1980 Member ✭✭
    I reviewed tnmats post again and I see the turning off Cloud Sync does mean one cannot use the Mobile Quicken app. I thought so, since that's what I've been doing for the past year. Very frustrating. I wish Quicken would make is such that I could save my data to the Cloud, not sync, and be able to view it on my Quicken mobile app when I'm away from my desktop. This would allow those of us who have quit using the Cloud Sync to still be able to view their data on their phone.
This discussion has been closed.