Chase Credit Card not updating

Options
Jeff Bater
Jeff Bater Member ✭✭
I have read posts over the past year similar to this, but I am not sure if this is exactly like one of them.

My other two accounts at Chase, both checking and savings, update fine when done with the other accounts in my Quicken Premier for Mac, Version 6.5.3 (Build 605.42687.100). But recently my Chase Visa card that has always updated just fine is not doing it at all. If I disconnected the account and reconnected, it updated the other day, but I just tried this same method and it did not work as no update appeared and no error. Resetting the account doesn't fix it either.

If I log in to Chase website directly through my browser and download the QFX file for my credit card, it easily updates the associated account in Quicken. This is not an acceptable method going forward as Quicken has always had a very good relationship and interface with Chase.

What has changed with Chase or is this an issue with this latest version of Quicken? I do not believe this was an issue before the latest update of the Quicken for Mac.

Thank you, Jeff
Tagged:

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Are you using Quicken Connect as the connection method for this account? If so, change it to Direct Connect and it should work better. Direct Connect is free for Chase credit card accounts. I don't know if that's true for other Chase accounts. 

To change to Direct Connect, the key is to click the OPTIONS button in the setup dialog (or change connection type dialog) even though that button may appear to be grayed out. This will let you select Direct Connect.

The Direct Connect method communicates (as the name implies) directly with the bank's servers, bypassing the intermediary Quicken servers that Quicken Connect uses. This almost always results in a faster, more reliable connection. It also lets you update only D/C accounts at that bank by themselves without updating all Q/C accounts in your entire Quicken file at the same time.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jeff Bater
    Jeff Bater Member ✭✭
    Options
    RickO, thank you. I have gone in and done that. I will have to wait until tomorrow to try again as Chase only updates after their nightly batch processes run and I already imported the QFX file this morning to update it.

What is strange is my Chase accounts were all set-up as Direct connect. I have the one login set for two of them and a different login set for the credit card as I am listed as the primary on it and our joint accounts (checking & savings) have my spouse as the primary.

The greyed out options button is what is deceiving. When setting up accounts in the past it would pop-up with the options screen asking for what type of connection is preferred which is why I missed that this time around. Not sure what changed in Quicken that stopped the updates, but I'll update this post once I try again tomorrow to confirm reconnecting the Visa through Direct Connect again fixed it.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Jeff Bater said:The greyed out options button is what is deceiving. When setting up accounts in the past it would pop-up with the options screen asking for what type of connection is preferred which is why I missed that this time around. 
    Well, the good news is that the QMac team is working on a re-design of the whole connected account setup interface. This should resolve the grayed out Options button issue. Eventually. I have no idea when this will be release, but it will be in a major release one of these days.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.