Unable to add 2nd brokerage account

Options
dfox2
dfox2 Member ✭✭
I currently have two brokerage accounts with Northwestern Mutual. Quicken recognizes one but not the other. One is an IRA and the other is a Transfer on Death. I was able to set up similar accounts for my wife but not myself. Any reasons why?
Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What were the steps you took in trying to set up the 2nd account?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @dfox2,

It is difficult to understand exactly why you can't add this account, but if you provide some additional information, that will help.

Can you clarify which, of the 2 types of accounts, won't connect?  Are you seeing any error code or message when the connection fails?  Were the 2 accounts of your wife, that connected properly, the same types of accounts, or were they different from yours?  What connection types are these (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect, or Web Connect)?  And - just to be clear - can you tell us exactly what "type" of account the "transfer on death" account is?  Is it a brokerage, mutual fund, bank, or something else?

Get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• dfox2
    dfox2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Steps taken: Attempted add by clicking on "+" sign. Typed in "Northwestern Mutual" in the "Search for your financial institution" page. Quicken recognized the name. Clicked on "Simple Investing" button, after trying the same thing under the "Complete Investing" button. Typed in my user name and password and Quicken returned only the IRA account as accounts found.
  • dfox2
    dfox2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    To Frankx, The two accounts for my wife are the same type of accounts. The accunt is a Brokerage account. I think it is a Direct Connect account. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.