Cannot Deactivate Downloads or Close Banking Account

aDail
aDail Member ✭✭
I have closed two bank accounts with PNC bank. I then went into Quicken to deactivate Online Services (Direct Connect) and close the accounts.
- I went into Account Details window,
- click Deactivate,
- click Yes on the "would you like to deactivate this service" popup
- click OK on "You are about to delete setup information for an online account" popup
The account Details window flickers, but nothing actually happens.
I get no errors reported, but the account is still set up for transaction downloads.
Same thing happens when I try to just close the account.
I need help with closing these accounts in Quicken.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @aDail,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• aDail
    aDail Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, no...this did not fix my issue. The validate & super validate did find and correct some other issues a mentioned in the logs, but I still cannot inactivate downloads nor close the bank account.
  • aDail
    aDail Member ✭✭
    Today I tried a different approach to fix this issue.
    In the Account Details/General tab: Removed the Account #, Routing #, and Customer ID information.
    In the Account Details/Online Services tab: Clicked the "Change Connection Method" link
    (from PNC - Direct Connect).
    Quicken was able to go ahead and disable Online Services for both of my PNC accounts.
    Then in the next popup, when it asked for the credentials to change to Web Connect version, I simply cancelled out of that window.
    All my PNC accounts were no longer set up for online services, but still had the PNC - Direct Connect listed in the Financial Institution.
    I then went back into the Account Details/General tab, removed Financial Institution name, then went to the Display Options tab and I was able to successfully close the accounts.
    This option was available only because PNC has more than one way to connect with Quicken.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you found a solution that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.