why is schwab, again, downloadin500 old transactions, i have been through 3 times....

Options
hmday
hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
This is the third time I have had to clean up the Schwab accts...I thought it was resolved?

Answers

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you by any chance deactivate and reactivate your Schwab account?
    * If no, then that should not happen and I feel your pain.
    * If yes, that is the expected behavior I believe - unfortunately.  The system loses the history flag of what was already downloaded and what is brand new and therefore gives you everything the institution has available to download.
    Hopefully you can use your backup file to recover from this frustrating repeat issue.
    In either case, before updating Schwab, change your Preferences and uncheck the option in Downloaded Transaction > "Automatically add to investment transaction lists".  That way you can delete the duplicate ones easier.  This is not a solution to the issue but a way to manage it easier.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't deactivate and reactivate my accounts...I delete the downloaded transactions one at a time from the "downloaded transaction list". Is there a way to delete multiple transactions?

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hmday said:
    ... Is there a way to delete multiple transactions?

Yes there is.  Select the upper right gear icon > Edit Multiple Transactions.  Then you can select as many as you wish.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good to know, thanks! Does that work for only transactions downloaded into the register? What about the transactions not automatically entered into the register, when I have to accept, match, delete etc.
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    That works for the transactions already in the Register.  After I wrote that I realized that maybe you were asking specific to the "Downloaded Transactions" list instead of the Register.  If my memory is correct, you cannot make multiple selections in the Downloaded Transactions list unfortunately - sorry I am not able to test it.  Just try the standard Windows shift or control keys to see if it works - but I don't think it does.
    I can suggest a possible creative workaround:
    * Backup first
    * Ensure ALL of the existing transactions in your register are Reconciled (R).
    * Then accept the ones in the downloaded transactions lists.  So now everything is in your register.
    * Use the gear icon > Edit Multiple Transactions and sort by the Clr column.  This sorts and separates the Reconciled ones from the rest.
    * Select the none-reconciled ones and delete them as appropriate.  (You can use the Windows shift/control keys there to make multiple selections)
    Hope this helps.
    Edit - Fine Print: I have tried this for a handful of transactions where I could manually recover if needed but never for such large number of investment transactions as yours.  Backup first please.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will try that.  I cross my fingers every time I open Q. I am getting a really jumpy when an update is rolled out!
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You are welcome.  Please do let us know of your results since it can possibly help others.  And also do report your initial bug to Quicken via "Help menu > Report a problem"

This discussion has been closed.