One Step Update freezes

Williejeff
Williejeff Member ✭✭✭
I use Quicken Home and Business and just updated to Version R38.29. One Step Update freezes and hangs. I have to go to the Task Mgr to close. I cannot update individual accounts or update my investment quotes. Product has been stable for some time. Is this related to the recent cloud issues, or is someone working on this new problem?

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Williejeff

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this persisting issue. For this particular issue, I would recommend doing a QClean. 

For instructions please refer to the Help Article below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

When you have a chance please attempt the steps from the Help article and let us know. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Williejeff
    Williejeff Member ✭✭✭
    I backed up, uninstalled Quicken, and finally got reinstalled after several attempts . Tried one step update …. Updated several accounts then appeared to freeze. Waited for about 8 min then got a “warning/alert” message “you cannot transfer into your mutual fund account prior to a Placeholder Transaction”. When I say ok or close the pop up box it continues to reappear.
    - my mural fund accounts were closed/ sold several months ago… not trying to do a transaction
    Arrr…. Can you please help? I need to work.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Hello @Williejeff,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a follow-up response yet.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• alther
    alther Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I'm experiencing the same issue, except that I never get a dialog. It just sits there forever taking up an entire CPU. The above suggestion of Validate and Super Validate did not resolve the issue. This issue started happening today. Yesterday, One Step Update worked fine.
This discussion has been closed.