Why does a new investment transaction not locate a current security.

Andrew965
Andrew965 Member
Multiple investment transactions concerning two securities up until last week.
Then this week, cannot create new transactions because Quicken cannot identify/locate the securities.
They are still listed on my Quicken portfolio summary. They are still listed on my Quicken Edit Securities List. They are still listed on New York Stock Exchange. Older transactions still contain these two securities. Thank you.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2022
    Can you please describe, step by step, what happens when you try to add a transaction for this security? What type of security is it? What is the name and symbol? What type of transaction are you trying to add? Any screenshots you can provide might be helpful.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Thank you.
    Attempt at Purchase Transaction - Security (IEMG) not listed nor does Quicken find the actual security.
    Screenshots of Recent Transaction List, Edit Securities List and Portfolio List all show IEMG with no issues and with updated prices.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Thanks. The screenshots are very helpful. This is quite the puzzle.

I happen to have this very same security in my portfolio. The info for it was downloaded from the brokerage, not manually entered by me. I notice a couple of minor differences: (1) the security name is slightly different (contains 'Inc' after "iShares") and (2) it is type Stock rather than Index. I have no idea why this would matter. I have no trouble adding a Buy transaction for this security.

A couple of questions:

What is the account type you are trying to enter this in? I'm wondering if that could be preventing it, although I don't know of an account type that accepts Buy transactions but would limit which securities can be entered.

Have you tried typing the long form name rather than the symbol?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.