Schwab SWVXX no longer showing in my account balances

spahnb
spahnb Member ✭✭
Schwab SWVXX (Value Advantage Money Market Fund) is no longer showing a balance in my three Schwab accounts -- Brokerage, IRA, and Roth IRA. What do I need to do to fix this. I see that this is a common problem.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review this Community Alert for more information on recent changes that were made with Charles Schwab SWVXX and Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• xssnco
    xssnco Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful]
  • JRFr
    JRFr Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic/Unhelpful]
  • BScoBee
    BScoBee Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. New worth is reduced by the amount which is actually in SWVXX.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review this Community Alert for more information on recent changes that were made with Charles Schwab SWVXX and Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• spahnb
    spahnb Member ✭✭
    Anja,
    I just updated my Schwab account and the money market fund does not show up in cash. It's simply not there.
  • Is it possible that selling all xx will sort things out then rebuying will be handled correctly in quicken? I liquidated my xx today and will check tomorrow then buy again and see what happens
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding shares held of SWVXX "disappearing":  Is it that all transactions for SWVXX are no longer present or is it that the summary now shows no shares are held?
    If the summary shows no shares are held but the historical SWVXX transactions are still present then I am guessing you will find a Placeholder or Placeholders (I am a Windows user so I do not know if "Placeholder" is the correct term for Mac) for SWVXX offsetting all of shares held in the account in Quicken making it look like there are no shares held.   In Windows Quicken will generate a Placeholder when the share quantity in Quicken and the share quantity reported by the brokerage are not in agreement.  Since Schwab is now reporting SWVXX as Cash Value instead of as shares any shares you held in the Quicken account previously would not longer be in agreement with what Schwab is downloading.
    If this is the case, then it is similar to issues others (including myself) have had with Fidelity which also downloads the designated MMF as Cash Value instead of as shares.  You might want to read Downloads from Fidelity do not included activity into the settlement fund to see what was done to resolve the Shares/Cash Balance issue with Fidelity.  It's a fairly long thread but perhaps the most applicable posts are the Best Answers posts and the very last post (because it is by a Mac user who said the process worked for him/her).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• J Wilson
    J Wilson Member
    This problem persists for me. Per the Community Alert mentioned by Quicken Anja it is not clear what "deactivating and reactivating accounts" means; I have reset logins and disconnected/reconnected my Schwab accounts and SWVXX still does not show up (no transactions, missing the total dollar amount either as Cash or as SWVXX).
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @J Wilson As the announcement from Anja notes, you will no longer see SWVXX in Quicken, period. Instead, you should see the value of the money market fund reflected as Cash in Quicken.

I'm sorry I can't help further with why you aren't seeing your 
    SWVXX balance reflected as Cash in your Schwab account(s). Since you have disconnected and reconnected your accounts, I think you might do better calling Quicken Support and letting a representative work with you, on your computer, to try to resolve whatever is wrong. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • J Wilson
    J Wilson Member
    jacobs, thanks for your response. I've been a Quicken user since the 80s and am a retired software developer; the last time I called Quicken with a problem they were not able to suggest anything that I had not already tried. I expect that to be true this time also. Today I re-added my brokerage account as a new account hoping that would pick up these missing dollars and it did not.

I am just surprised that Quicken is now calling this issue solved. I doubt that I'm the only one still experiencing this problem. I wish there was a way to get Quicken's management to care enough to get this right.
  • spahnb
    spahnb Member ✭✭
    It’s not solved. Unfortunately, I will not be renewing my Quicken account.
  • dennismd
    dennismd Member ✭✭
    Still not solved!!
  • jwcoleman
    jwcoleman Member
    Not Solved. Please help! Added shares manually and they still don't show up.
  • dennismd
    dennismd Member ✭✭
    Still not solved!! Deactivating and Connecting does not work.
  • dennismd
    dennismd Member ✭✭
    Today, for the first time in months, quicken now has my SWVXX transactions visible in the register, but shows zero shares in my positions screen. I am a Quicken for Mac user.
  • Boatnmaniac
    dennismd said:
    Today, for the first time in months, quicken now has my SWVXX transactions visible in the register, but shows zero shares in my positions screen. I am a Quicken for Mac user.
    But isn't that exactly what was posted that Schwab should be now doing....to download the SWVXX value as Cash instead of as shares (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907735/new-2-3-22-swvxx-value-advantage-money-market-fund-and-swgxx-schwab-government-money-fund/p1?new=1)?   If so, then what is the issue?

• dennismd
    dennismd Member ✭✭
    The problem is that Quicken has no balance for my SWVXX shares. It is not listed in cash or shares.
  • Boatnmaniac
    dennismd said:
    The problem is that Quicken has no balance for my SWVXX shares. It is not listed in cash or shares.
    Thank you for clarifying.  It was not clear to me before what the issue is.  I don't have any Schwab accounts so I can't do any testing on this issue.  Hopefully, someone who has been successful in getting SWVXX showing in their account as cash value will pipe in here for your and others benefit.

This discussion has been closed.