Express Web Connect late in updating Credit Union register

PRD
PRD Member ✭✭
I see new transactions when I log on at 8 AM EST. I can download them into Quicken from the credit union web site. However, when I use Express Web Connect to download, they don't show up. If I try again after noon, the transactions do appear. Is this a "what time is it" problem with Quicken's Express Web Connect, or is my credit union using a different database for web connect?

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    None of Quicken's download connections are guaranteed to be "real time", and especially not Express Web Connect, which might be delayed till the next day or in the case of weekends and holidays even later.

You certainly aren't looking directly into the financial institution's "database".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • PRD
    PRD Member ✭✭
    Chris, I don't understand your response. Of course Quicken Express Web Connect is looking into a database maintained by the credit union. I was asking if it is the same database that the Credit Union's web site uses. I can see 2 reasons the Express Web Connect does not return the transactions when the credit union's web site does.

(1) The credit union maintains different databases for Quicken Express Web and the credit union web site.

(2) The pull through Quicken Express Web Connect uses a cut off time that causes the transactions to not be pulled back until several hours later.

I'm guessing it is (2), and we have a time zone issue. For example, if I run the Quicken update at 8 AM EST, and the Quicken server is in CA, is Quicken asking, or filtering, for transactions loaded before 5 AM. Of course, when it accesses the credit union on the east coast, if 5 AM is used, the transaction would not be found.

I was just wondering if anyone could explain.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Where the data comes from is "ultimately" from the same financial institution database, but what I said was "directly looking into", as you run Quicken's One Step Update and there is a query done in that database and then you get the results.  That isn't how it works.

First off this is flow for Express Web Connect:
    Quicken -> Quicken servers sync with Quicken cloud dataset -> Intuit server (the aggregator) -> financial institution's website.

And the method of "connecting between the Intuit servers and the financial institution are an "agreed method", as in it can be anything from Intuit polling to get transactions once a day to an actual request for transactions while you are doing One Setup Update and returning the "real-time" results.  The keyword in my statement is "guaranteed".  The process of getting the transactions from the financial institution to the Intuit server can be different for any given financial institution.

And even with Direct Connect you aren't guaranteed "real-time".
    The flow for Direct Connect is:
    Quicken -> Financial institution's OFX server, which may or may not be "real-time".  For instance, USAA only makes transactions available to their OFX server after the close of the day.  Others have different policies and can be real-time.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.