What causes the name of one of my businesses to be shown after the Category in the Schedule C Repor

John W
John W Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Example in the Schedule C report: (see image below)

Advertising [Western Synthetics]
Office Expense [Western Synthetics]

(I do not have a file, or category called Western Synthetics, that is the name of one of my businesses, and advertising for my other business is falling under Advertising [Western Synthetics]

Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions
Tagged:

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Please take a look at Business tab / Business Tools button / Manage Business Information.
    You must have, at some point in time, created a business in Quicken H&B and created customer and/or vendor invoices assigned to these business names.

Answers

• John W
    John W Member ✭✭
    BTW, deep file validation with Quicken support did not resolve this.
  • dbvirago
    dbvirago Member ✭✭
    Could it have pulled it from the FOP?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you're looking at a Schedule C report, Quicken subtotals the categories into one for each business which you have defined. That will allow you to file two copies of your Schedule C tax form, one for each business.
  • John W
    John W Member ✭✭
    And how does Quicken know about my businesses? Nothing in Quicken bears the name "Westernsynthetics" No file, no account, no category, no tag. I am having a difficult time figuring out where "westernsynthetics" is found in Quicken. Thanks
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Please take a look at Business tab / Business Tools button / Manage Business Information.
    You must have, at some point in time, created a business in Quicken H&B and created customer and/or vendor invoices assigned to these business names.
  • John W
    John W Member ✭✭
    > @dbvirago said:
    > Could it have pulled it from the FOP?

What is the FOP???
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to add: Transactions associated with a Schedule C category, but without a specific tag will be assigned to the business name listed in Manage Business Information which has been marked as the "Default Business".
  • John W
    John W Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > Please take a look at Business tab / Business Tools button / Manage Business Information.
    > You must have, at some point in time, created a business in Quicken H&B and created customer and/or vendor invoices assigned to these business names.

URK: thank you, thank you! I had tunnel vision only thinking about files, accounts, categories, and totally ignored the big picture.
This discussion has been closed.