no new transaction since the first of the year

Options
I have had no new transactions for my first tech federal credit union account sine the first of the year. I do a one step update a couple of times a week.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you getting any error messages for credit union when you run OSU?
    Which connection method is your credit union set up with....Express Web Connect or Direct Connect?  (You can easily find out by looking beneath the account name at the top of the Account Register.)
    Are you getting downloads OK during OSU from other financial institutions?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• michael saffell
    Options
    well what i ended up doing was deleting the account and adding it back in. the answer to your question was yes i was getting error messages from other financial institutions until i deleted the account and added them back in
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know you got the issue resolved. 
    For future reference:  Deleting an account and then adding it back in is an extreme action and is rarely a good option.  There are other actions that can usually be taken to fix connection issues that will not cause historical data to be permanently lost.

• michael saffell
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac after doing the previous response it did update today either, is there a different method between direct connect and express web conect? for starters my bank is direct connect
  • michael saffell
    Options
    sorry it didnt update. also, i noticed that it shows me what the online balance is and that is correct but the ending balance stays the same
  • michael saffell
    Options
    I tried the deactivate and activate and when i went to activate the account, it gave me a error of quicken servers are down and try again. so i wanted till this morning and got the same error again. So i then just deleted the account and added it back and it worked. I was able to add the account with all the data back but it still wasnt downloading any transactions. I think from reading the forums here it has something to do with the new patch
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Which version of Quicken are you running?  If it is not R38.29 you might want to consider downloading and installing the Mondo Patch for it from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product.

• michael saffell
    Options
    yes, i just checked and it is R38.29
  • michael saffell
    Options
    maybe download it again and install it?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac after doing the previous response it did update today either, is there a different method between direct connect and express web conect? for starters my bank is direct connect
    Yes there are differences between the two connection methods.  You can read up more on the types of connection methods use by Quicken at Connection Types in Quicken [Support Article].
    Direct Connect is faster and more reliable than Express Web Connect and I will almost always recommend using Direct Connect whenever a financial institution (FI) supports it (most do not because of the cost to the FI) but I did notice that First Tech Federal Credit Union does support it.  However, some FIs that do support it will charge a monthly fee to the Quicken user.  I do not know if your CU charges a monthly fee for using it so you might want to check into that. 
    If you want to try setting up with Direct Connect:
    1. Back up your data file before proceeding.
    2. From the Online Services tab of Account Details, there should be a link saying that your FI supports an improved connection method.  Click on that link and follow the prompts.
    3. If that link is not visible or it does not set you up with Direct Connect, deactivate (do not delete) the account from that same Online Service tab.
    4. Then do Add Account and search for First Tech Federal Credit Union.  Below their contact information there will be a link for "Advanaced Options".  Click on that.
    5. Select "Direct Connect", then "Next" and follow the prompts.
    6. When Quicken imports the download from the CU you will likely be prompted to decide what to do with that imported data.  Make sure you Link it to your existing account in Quicken.
    7. If you see any transactions in the account register that are duplicates of what is already there, you will need to manually delete those duplicates.  (If this occurs it would be a one time occurrence.)
    Let me know if this fixed the issue for you.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FYI ...

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    UKR said:
    FYI ...

I'm not sure how this addresses the "no transactions are downloading (since the 1st of the year)" issue.  If the missing transactions will download then the ending balance issue should be eliminated.
    I know that has been an issue for some who are using EWC.  Not sure yet if this is a FI issue or if it is an EWC issue. 
    I had a similar issue with PNC last Oct and it turned out that it was a PNC error that caused EWC to not download posted transactions....but the online balance was correct. I switched to DC and the issue for me was resolved.  Hopefully DC will resolve the issue with this CU, too.

• michael saffell
    Options
    OK now transactions are downloading when i do a OSU. dont know what i did if anything. All i did was got rid of some old and duplicate accounts
This discussion has been closed.