Many of my fidelity 401k account values are duplicated and triplicated in the account listing

Options
When I look on the default account screen in quicken, my fidelity 401k accounts are duplicated and triplicated. However, when I click into them (to open up the details), the securities value is correct. How do I get the correct value to show up under the full account listing so that my net worth isn't incorrect?
Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is your account showing a Cash Balance in the lower right corner just below the register?
    If so, it is a good indication that your securities transactions might not be decrementing the cash balance.  To confirm, edit one of the security buy transactions and look at what it shows for where the cash came from to make the buy.  If this is the case, then it would explain why your account balance is overstated.
    Also, do you have a Paycheck Reminder set up which deducts your contribution to your 401k? 
    And does your employer have a matching contribution that is also itemized in the Paycheck Reminder?
    Let me know if these are the case.  There are a couple of different approaches that can be taken to address the issue.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.