Application Sign Status Unbelievable [Edited]

Knotpc
Knotpc Member
I am a long time user of Quicken, 10+ years. Sunday I installed the Quicken App version 6.15.0 on my iPhone. I enter my user name and password and press submit. A flash screen pops up that says “Loading Wooton_Hope this [Removed-Profanity] works”. I was floored, literally could not believe what I was reading. I then am logged into the app. I logged out and back in five times, same message. I was able to capture a screen shot of the message and I posted it to the Quicken FB support page. Someone should be fired.

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Hello @Knotpc

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. There seems to be confusion in regards to the loading screen/message when accessing your data on the Quicken mobile app. This message is the file being accessed, meaning that the name of the file is "Wooton_Hope this [Removed-Profanity] works”. Only users can create and name their own files.

Also, just to let you know, your Facebook post was not placed on our official Quicken Care Facebook page, but rather a third-party impersonator. Please refer to the link below to visit our official Facebook page. 

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialQuickenCare

Thank you 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Knotpc
    Knotpc Member
    Hello Paloma,

Not sure I understand your reply. For one, I installed the iPhone app yesterday. I logged into it using my Quicken ID and password. After I log into the app, past the flash screen all my accounts are zero as I have given the app access to my Quicken file yet from my desktop. I do not see anyway I could have set that name.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Knotpc said:  After I log into the app, past the flash screen all my accounts are zero as I have given the app access to my Quicken file yet from my desktop. I do not see anyway I could have set that name.
    just to clarify -
    1 - have you installed and run the desktop Quicken wiht the exact same Quicken User ID/email and password ?
    2 - have you enabled Sync and the Quicken Cloud ?
    3 - have you selected certain Quicken Accounts to be Sync'd to the Quicken Cloud ?
    .... as I have given the app access to my Quicken file yet from my desktop.....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• @Knotpc It appears that this particular file was created in March of last year, and contains one manual account.  If you search your computer for this specific QDF file name, you should be able to find it.  Here is how the file appears in our tool:

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Here is one way to find your "Wooton" Quicken QDF file -
    the Quicken File Menu --> File --> Find Quicken Files --> 
    unless of course, it was deleted....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It is entirely possible that the data file in question has been deleted.

If you delete a Quicken data file, the Quicken Cloud dataset won’t be deleted, and it is the Quicken Cloud dataset that Mobile/Web loading in.

If you go to Edit -> Preferences -> Cloud Accounts -> Cloud accounts associated with Quicken ID (x)
    A dialog will come up that will show what datasets there are and you can delete the dataset as long as you aren’t in the data file associated with it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Just to add some other visuals....
    Quicken desktop --> Edit --> Preferences --> at very bottom - Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts -->
    Displays what is associated with the Quicken ID -
    and if you click on the "Cloud Accounts Associated.."

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.