Principal Funds

Options
I have just opened a 401K account with The Principal. I have followed the directions for a QFX download which worked well. The account in Quicken is showing a balance of -$.51, which is the difference between the value of the two funds in the account and the amount of monies I have actually deposited for the purchase of those two funds. This is not happening with any other of my investment accounts. I would prefer to show the account value of the Funds, not the difference. Is this possible???

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have just opened a 401K account with The Principal. I have followed the directions for a QFX download which worked well. The account in Quicken is showing a balance of -$.51, which is the difference between the value of the two funds in the account and the amount of monies I have actually deposited for the purchase of those two funds. This is not happening with any other of my investment accounts. I would prefer to show the account value of the Funds, not the difference. Is this possible???
    Hello @Mike Kramer

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter before the Quicken Community for further discussion and support. 

Are you operating more than one investment account with The Principal? Also, what are you seeing when you notice that the account value is missing? Is there any way you might be willing to provide screenshots of the investment Portfolio or Transaction view?

Just in case, I am linking a thread regarding how to submit screenshots to the Quicken Community just below:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

I look forward to hearing more about this from you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mike Kramer
    Mike Kramer Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for responding. I was able to improve the situation today a bit. I noticed the fact that the two contributions which were made on 1/31 and 2/7 were not downloaded into the account. Once I manually added the two I am now showing proper values. As contributions are made each Monday, I will wait until next week to see if the latest one shows up. Assuming that my download did not include them.
This discussion has been closed.