URGENT HELP NEEDED- Need Best Report for Trust Accounting and Lawyer

Options
BRETTB
BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Looking for some quick help.  Been using Quicken HB&R for some time.  I need to get some reports off regarding Trust Assets (mainly bank accounts with balance with the transactions).

Register reports some might work - but I have to go to each account.  I want the report to include a starting balance from a certain date with all the transactions upto to an ending date.

Need best report to give to a trust accountant and lawyer.

Any suggestions would be Greatly Appreciated?

Tagged:

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Seems like the Banking > Transaction report might do what you want.  Select the Accounts you want included and a beginning and ending date.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't use HB&R but what about Reports > Banking > Transaction.  You can subtotal by account so you can include multiple accounts.  It shows the opening balance, each of the transactions and the closing balance.  You can customize it for the accounts and date range you want.  I assume this report is available for business accounts if that is what you are looking for.
  • BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes - I thought that too.  Selected multiple accounts.  If I total by Acct/date - gives me the detail with transaction BUT NO beginning and ending balance of the accounts???

Seems basic but I have not been able to figure it out.  I would have to go to each account (there is like 25 accounts I need to include on the report) and it's just a pain if I have to go that route unless some one can offer some suggestions???
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahh, yes. I see the issue. Once you select multiple accounts it no longer gives the balances.  Strange.

Well, you don't have to go to each account register if that is what you mean by go to each account.  You would just have to customize this report each time to select each individual account.  Pick an account, print or export it and then pick the next and so on.  Still a pain but I think that would be a little easier.  If this is something you need to run regularly you can save 25 versions of the report, one for each account so it would be easier going forward.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bmciance said:
    Ahh, yes. I see the issue. Once you select multiple accounts it no longer gives the balances.  Strange.

Well, you don't have to go to each account register if that is what you mean by go to each account.  You would just have to customize this report each time to select each individual account.  Pick an account, print or export it and then pick the next and so on.  Still a pain but I think that would be a little easier.  If this is something you need to run regularly you can save 25 versions of the report, one for each account so it would be easier going forward.
    I would probably export the 25 reports (Clipboard) pasting them into one Excel file in the order desired. I’d then paginate to make sense and to present in as compact a form as possible and print from Excel.  Somewhat more work but you’d be more familiar and in control of the presentation. My $0.02. 
  • BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hope they change this.  Seems basic and desireable  to a lot of users.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    I can’t double check right now, but as I recall, the beg/end balances show if not subtotaled, but go away when any subtotal is selected. For some subtotals, that makes sense. You don’t really have those balances for subtotals by category, tag, payee, and similar. You do for account and maybe time periods. 

As such, there would be a second level of program decision making and I suspect the programmers long ago opted away from that. Further, I’d suspect the current programmers might not want to venture into that territory. 

PS. I agree it would be nice to have for accounts. 
  • BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, if you want the subtotals by account then you don't see the beginning and ending balance and thus have to go through 25 accounts to print out something real simple.  

Was thinking that one of the other reports like a balance sheet might have that but seems to only show ending balances?

Frustrating.  

Thanks
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How about the All Transactions register? The link is at the top of the Account Bar. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Transactions register at top account Bar - can customized the registers.   

NOTE - shows a running total on register (which is not the balance unless you include all.  The register report has a balance column but that is "INCORRECT" if you analyze it.  It's a running total of items filtered for the report.

Looks like the only way is to run a register report for each 25 accounts- it's a pain and should not be that hard.  Hope Quicken can improve this?
This discussion has been closed.