How do I get the complete names on Account reports to print?

Options
Mjacobs
Mjacobs Member
edited March 2022 in Reports (Windows)
Since switching to a new HP printer, the accounts on my Quicken Account reports are abbreviated. How do I get the account names on my account report to display fully?

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    OK, this is the Net Worth & Balances > Account Balances report.

It appears that due to a recent change to the reports, changes to the column widths in some or all of the built-in reports are now "sticky", i.e. Quicken remembers the column width when you close and re-open the report even if you do not save it. Also some of the default widths may be wider or narrower than in the past.

To fix this problem in your case, you should be able to click on the dividing line between the Account and the Balance header and drag it to the right to widen the Account column. I think it will use the widened column the next time you open the report.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm guessing the columns in your report aren't wide enough to contain the entire text. Try widening the column.
    If you have problems with that, please show us what you're seeing ...

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pulled up a couple of reports and the report names, when printed, are centered above the reports.  Is this what you are seeing?
    If so, then it could be that the report names, especially if they are customized, are too long or the font is too large.  Perhaps reducing the font size and/or reducing the length of the report name (especially if it is customized) could eliminate the problem.
    Another thought:  Is the report set up to print in portrait or landscape?  I noticed when I set up a report to print in portrait that the amount of space available for the report name seemed to be reduced compared to when that report was set up to print in landscape.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Mjacobs
    Mjacobs Member
    Options
    I appreciate your answers but none address the problem. I have been using Quicken for nearly 20 years and this has never occurred before. All of my reports have displayed full names of entries. Perhaps it relates to a recent software upgrade. As I look back at saved reports, they all now appear with abbreviated entries. I have played with customizing font and margins without success. See attached. Mark
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    OK, this is the Net Worth & Balances > Account Balances report.

It appears that due to a recent change to the reports, changes to the column widths in some or all of the built-in reports are now "sticky", i.e. Quicken remembers the column width when you close and re-open the report even if you do not save it. Also some of the default widths may be wider or narrower than in the past.

To fix this problem in your case, you should be able to click on the dividing line between the Account and the Balance header and drag it to the right to widen the Account column. I think it will use the widened column the next time you open the report.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Mjacobs
    Mjacobs Member
    Options
    That's the fix! Your title SuperUser is most appropriate. Thank you
This discussion has been closed.