Venmo Account Not Connecting

Austin@
Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
My connected Venmo account stopped working in Quicken yesterday. When I attempt to fix the issue by disconnecting and reconnecting, I receive the following error message:

I am able to successfully log into the Venmo website and mobile app and see all of my transactions without issue. When I attempt to reconnect this account in Quicken, I enter my credentials, am asked to select a method for receiving a 2-factor authentication code (I choose to have it texted to my mobile phone), but then immediately receive the above error.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with connecting to Venmo in Quicken?

Here are the details of my setup:
Quicken Version: Quicken for Mac Version 6.5.3
Connection Method: Quicken Connect (only method available)

Best Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for any and all updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue still occurring, I am sorry that you are experiencing this still.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for any and all updates.

Quicken Jasmine 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• tschenfi
    tschenfi Member
    I am getting the exact same error.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Austin@ and @tschenfi

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. There have been other users reporting a similar issue. To help our investigation please submit a bug report. This can be done by selecting Help >Report a problem.

Thank you, your patience is greatly appreciated!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Hello @Quicken Paloma,

I submitted a bug report yesterday detailing what happened when attempting to connect to Venmo and included a screenshot of the error as well as the other supporting files Quicken generates when submitting a bug report.

I attempted to connect again this morning and am getting the same error. I went ahead and submitted a second but report just minutes ago. Hopefully that will be helpful to your teams as they investigate.
  • bjseeley
    bjseeley Member
    Same exact thing started happening to me 2 days ago. I can login to Venmo without issue but Quicken will no longer connect.
  • rrhanson
    rrhanson Member
    Same exact thing happening here.
  • ToGo109
    ToGo109 Member ✭✭✭
    I just submitted an error report. It appears that Venmo is tracking IP addresses of unrecognized devices. Even though my Mac is listed on their site as recognized on Venmo, something is throwing Venmo off when the request comes from Quicken. It tells me there have been too many attempts from the same IP address and even though it asks for a messaged security code and I enter that, that is the end result. I also then get e-mail from Venmo about an attempted download from an unrecognized device.
  • SeattleSummer76
    SeattleSummer76 Member ✭✭✭
    Exact same issue for me. Please provide an update that (a) there is in fact an issue; and (b) ETA for resolution.
  • joeyrose
    joeyrose Member
    Same Issue
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I am also having the same exact problem.
  • Last week I received the error that too many attempts had been made from my IP address. I restarted my modem and confirmed my IP address changed, but received the same error. Today, tried to update my login with Venmo and received a Sync Error message that Quicken encountered an error while communicating with servers. [AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SERVER_ERROR:FDP-8400)]
  • kat korn
    kat korn Member ✭✭
    same issue here but only since updating to Version 6.5.3 (Build 605.42687.100) on Quicken for Mac running Mac OS 10.14.6. I did the update as soon as it popped up as being available (about a week ago?)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2022
    @kat korn It's no consolation, but it's unlikely related to the 6.5.3 update. Most connectivity issues aren't related to application updates; they are problems with the code that runs on the servers which handle connectivity, and the fixes are usually at the server level. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • CTMarkell
    CTMarkell Member ✭✭
    @pdubya, well that stinks. Bummer!
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    All, I had 5 discussions with Venmo support:
    1- The person knows Quicken and certain that they have never allowed Quicken access or download
    2- same as above
    3- The person is a Quicken user herself, and she successfully downloaded without errors as recent as yesterday and no knowledge/rumor of Venmo dropping support for Quicken
    4- The person had never heard of Quicken.  Quicken is not on their list of supported products
    5- The person had never heard of Quicken.  Researched and as a result showing that Quicken can download Venmo transactions

Although my last Venmo download was January 21, a friend of mine was able to a few days ago.

My conclusion and suggestion: Venmo support does not know what they are talking about.  It would be best if Quicken team can conduct their own investigation and contact their counterparts at Venmo and inform us users accordingly.  My suspicion is that this is a technical glitch (Venmo or Quicken) and not an intentional decision.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• ToGo109
    ToGo109 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    [Removed - Disruptive] I had a volley of communication with them before they even understood what I was saying. And finally I too did get the answer that no longer support connection with Quicken. I disconnected. I do think that Quicken and Venmo can work out technology that would work. What would it take to make that happen?
  • maldini
    maldini Member ✭✭
    Same exact problem. Please help!
  • JHK88
    JHK88 Member
    Same problem here since last week. Quicken support told me to wait 24 hours and try again. Which, as expected did not resolve the issue.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue still occurring, I am sorry that you are experiencing this still.

Quicken Jasmine 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Grecula
    Grecula Member
    This needs to get fixed ASAP
  • wkuehner
    wkuehner Member ✭✭
    Hello Quicken Community,

I want to add my voice to this thread.

I have not been able to connect to Venmo on Quicken since the end of January. I logged on to Venmo from my browser and there are no problems with that.

I would appreciate a precise statement on the problem other than "We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for any and all updates." which we have seen several times. What gives? It seems even Venmo is not certain where they stand.

Is there no fix in the offing or no work-around?
  • ColoradoUser
    ColoradoUser Member ✭✭
    Adding my details - Venmo WAS working fine - last downloaded Venmo transaction January 26th.

Quicken authenticates with my Venmo email or phone number OK but then displays XXX-XXX-1234 for phone number to send access code to which then returns quickly as shown in the first post in this thread.

Tested 2 part authentication on a web login and SMS correctly sent to phone. Web login is AOK.
    I "disconnected" my Venmo account - no different.
    I created a new "checking" account and tried to link to Venmo - no different.
    I reported the problem from within Quicken.

The ever moving target of scraping transactions off of websites using our personal credentials is back to Quicken's data aggregators. Quicken could do this in-house, but it sounds like Venmo data aggregation was outsourced.

Be sure to report you are seeing the Venmo login problem to Quicken.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @ColoradoUser Just FYI, all of Quicken's aggregation is done by Intuit (Quicken's former parent company). 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Same problem for me. Worked for years - now seeing same as everyone here. Quicken needs to work this with Venmo - can't have modern financial management if we can't synch with Venmo.
  • bowcam
    bowcam Member ✭✭
    I have two Venmo accounts. One is newer working perfectly fine and the other is older and having the same issue and doesn't allow me to connect as of a couple of weeks ago. Seems like a Venmo issue.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @bowcam

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. While there is currently an open alert for Venmo, it would be helpful to have more details. 

Could you please let us know what error codes or messages you are receiving? 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • wkuehner
    wkuehner Member ✭✭
    The error message I consistently get is:
    Download Error (-32)
    CP_ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I will add my error details as well - in the Windows side if it helps:
    - Invoke "Update Now"
    - Venmo ... Processing data
    - I receive an email from Venmo about a "sign-in attempt", no action needed.
    - Quicken displays the Venmo Account Access screen, to select my mobile number to send me a verification code.  I select my number > OK
    - I immediately get the CC-502 error (no code sent)
    History: This issue started in late December but did work sporadically.  Then, has not worked at all since Jan 21 for me.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• kat korn
    kat korn Member ✭✭
    FIXED/SOLVED for me just now! Here's what I did (MacOS): Right-click on Venmo account name-->Edit Settings; under Downloads, select RE-SET CONNECTION. Proceed as usual.. The account connected and synced immediately! Hope helps. Maybe it's now working for everyone, but I'd never tried re-setting the connection.
This discussion has been closed.