Unable to enter scheduled transactions

After the last update, I am unable to enter scheduled transactions. When you select the "Enter" box, either nothing happens or the screen flashes. "Edit" or "Skip" take you to the next prompt. The current version is R38.29, Build is 27.1.38.29, Edition is Canada (I don't know why - bought in US at BestBuy) for Windows 10 Home. Anyone else having this issue? Rebooting has not solved the issue.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @ajmfire,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I took the liberty of checking your account and verified that you do have a U.S. subscription and not the Canadian edition (note: Canada's latest version is also R33.7).

In regard to the issue you described experiencing; to start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• ajmfire
    ajmfire Member
    Thank you for your response. I have tried Validate and Super Validate with no errors. I have narrowed this down to only my weekly paycheck - other transactions can be entered. I deleted the Paycheck and when adding a new one, it comes up as PayCheque Wizard - how it would be spelled in Canada. After closing and restarting I deleted my paycheck and went to start a new one it was correctly spelled (PayCheck Wizard). It allows me to enter up to the point of the Taxes section - after filling in the default populated taxes I went to add others by clicking the "Add Tax Item" button and it will not allow me to add any new items. There appears to be an issue with this component based on the last product update. Please review and advise - any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    There is a known issue in R38.29 where you can’t add tax lines:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907319/cant-add-tax-item-to-paycheck
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.