Edited Payee defaults to original downloaded form from Wells (Quicken on the Web; Mac)

In general, I need to manually edit several of the transactions that are automatically downloaded from Wells Fargo, whether I'm on the desktop version of Quicken or using Quicken on the Web.

With the QOTW, when I log off and return later, everything I edited has reverted to the original downloaded form. This is hugely problematic, especially for hand-written checks that reverted back to the word “check”. I'm losing my mind!

Strangely, any check numbers or edited categories stay intact. It’s only the Payee that defaults.

The problem seems to be in a Wells Fargo checking account only.

And the problem seems to be in Quicken on the Web only. The same transactions, when edited in the desktop version of the same file, do not default.

Help!

Answers

• Hi @sweez_pdx,

Thank you for contacting the community regarding this issue, I understand how frustrating this can be!

I would recommend initiating a cloud sync after you have made the changes on whichever platform that you are using and then continuing to initiate a sync on the other platform so that the changes you have made may transfer over. 

I hope this helps, please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• sweez_pdx
    sweez_pdx Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken Jasmine,

Thank you for your reply. Just to confirm, when you say “initiate a cloud sync”, do you mean click the “Update All” button on both the online and desktop versions of Quicken?

Assuming that's what you meant, I did several tests.

I made edits in the online version, edits in the desktop version, and back and forth several times. I synced with each edit.

Looks like a couple things are going on.
    1) Any edits made to the desktop Quicken are good. They stick and appear correct on both platforms.
    2) Any edits made to the online Quicken revert when I open the desktop version.
    3) It’s not just Wells Fargo after all. It’s all accounts.

I even saw the reverting happen before my eyes! I edited a Payee online that said STANLEY STEAMER NORTH, changing it to simply "Stanley Steemer". On the desktop version, I clicked the “update all” button and saw the correction! But when the update was done, I saw it revert back instantly to the prior version. Arg.

What do you think?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Hi @sweez_pdx,

Thank you for your thorough response, all that information is very helpful. I also apologize for the confusion as I did mean the update all feature. 

To start with, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file or other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile and/or Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program; Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    3. Preferences... 
    4. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    5. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    6. Click Disable Sync
    7. Navigate to Connected Services
    8. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    9. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    10. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    11. Click Enable Sync
    12. Sign back into your Quicken Mobile and/or Web app(s)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I look forward to hearing your response. 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• sweez_pdx
    sweez_pdx Member ✭✭
    Hi Quicken Jasmine,

Thank you for your response. I followed your steps. And at first I thought the problem was solved. But doing a few more edits on each platform, with lots of “updating” in between, the problem persists.

Any other suggestions?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Hi @sweez_pdx,

Thank you for your response, I am sorry to hear that this problem is still occurring. 

Since we have not been able to solve this error with some easy troubleshooting steps, my recommendation would be to contact Quicken Support so they may see the error first hand and be able to better guide you towards a resolution. 

Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday. 

Have a great day, 
    Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

• sweez_pdx
    sweez_pdx Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your help, Jasmine. I will contact support
  • Hi @sweez_pdx,

No problem, I hope your issue is resolved swiftly!

Quicken Jasmine

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.