Quicken Downloading Transactions Incorrectly (Repeating After Fix)

Options
jsurpless
jsurpless Member ✭✭
Earlier this week, I noticed that one of my offline accounts didn't have the correct balance.

After some investigation, I realized that a transfer into that account was marked by Quicken as going into another account. I soon discovered that there were a number of other similar issues which I proceeded to fix.

Just this morning, I discovered that a couple of them had returned somehow.

Not sure how to go about troubleshooting this. Please advise

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    When things switch back after you change them, it is often the fault of Sync to Mobile/Web. Do you have that turned on in Preferences > Connected Services? 

If so, and you are not using Mobile/Web, you should turn it off. 

In any case, the fix is to correct your QMac desktop data, the go to Preferences > Connected Services and Reset the Cloud Account. This will overwrite the Mobile/Web data with that from the desktop.

No guarantee that the problem doesn't return later though.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jsurpless
    jsurpless Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've purged the Cloud data several times and it keeps happening...
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Did you turn off Sync and see if it continues?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jsurpless
    jsurpless Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, I believe so.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    RickO said:
    Did you turn off Sync and see if it continues?
    @RickO I've seen several threads in recent weeks where users seems to be reporting the same problem. My suggested solution in each case is to turn off sync, create a test file, delete all Cloud accounts, restore a backup of a data file, and with Sync turned off, create a new Cloud account. And IT seems multiple people have tried that, and report still getting transactions in the local file overwritten from Quicken Cloud. that should be impossible, based on my understanding of Quicken Cloud. See my thoughts about where the problem might be on the Quicken server end of things in this thread with @jsurpless and please let us know if you have any other insight or suggestions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.