Downloaded transaction vs scheduled transaction

Bertilak
Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
When a downloaded transaction matches a scheduled transaction some of the downloaded data is not put into the transaction already in the register. I THNK the idea is to avoid overlaying data in the existing registry entry. That is reasonable.

I do have memory of somehow being able to see the full downloaded data, even the data NOT placed in the existing, matched, transaction. Perhaps this was just a dream!

Is there actually a way to see this data?

My follow-up to that would be to make that data searchable, but just being able to display it is the biggest point.

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Here is how to see the Downloaded information:

And once it is displayed in the register you can search for it with in the top left of the register:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can see the original downloaded data by going to Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Register Columns > check the boxes for one or more of the following:  Downloaded Amount, Downloaded Payee, Downloaded Memo, Downloaded Posting Date, Downloaded Reference, Downloaded ID > Done
    The more boxes you check, the busier the register will be.  But you can check these boxes only when you want to see something and then you can uncheck them again once you get the data your were looking for.
    I personally like to see the Downloaded Posting Date all the time in all my accounts but the rest I check only if and when I have a specific need for them.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Here is how to see the Downloaded information:

And once it is displayed in the register you can search for it with in the top left of the register:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can see the original downloaded data by going to Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Register Columns > check the boxes for one or more of the following:  Downloaded Amount, Downloaded Payee, Downloaded Memo, Downloaded Posting Date, Downloaded Reference, Downloaded ID > Done
    The more boxes you check, the busier the register will be.  But you can check these boxes only when you want to see something and then you can uncheck them again once you get the data your were looking for.
    I personally like to see the Downloaded Posting Date all the time in all my accounts but the rest I check only if and when I have a specific need for them.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I fully understand your question. You can try Quicken > Help > Log Files > OFX log and save it to disk. You can open it with a text editor to search it.

Search the Community for "OFX Viewer" if you want to format the log file in psuedo XML.  If you download the file, beware of potential "piggyback" downloads that could be harmful. 

I'm not sure you can use an XML viewer to see the psuedo XML file any better. Excel doesn't recognize it as XML.

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

• Bertilak
    Bertilak Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Thanks Chris_QPW and Boatnmaniac!

That's perfect!

This discussion has been closed.