Capital One credit card - not connecting or downloading

Options
RFW
RFW Member ✭✭
After days of difficulties with Capital One updates via One Step Update, now One Step Update has been unavailable since early this AM. I am confused. Any help will be appreciated.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @RFW,

Can you give us a little more information on what you are seeing @ Capital One when you try to download?  Also specifics on the type of account or accounts that don't download and the version and release of Quicken and Windows that you are running.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RFW
    RFW Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have gone back to an earlier backup to manually download transactions from all of my accounts. However, after doing that, I cannot get Capital One credit cards dowloads to work. It keeps looping me back to the screen where Capital One asks for additional information to verify the account. I do that, then the same thing happens again.
  • RFW
    RFW Member ✭✭
    Options
    Forgot. Quicken Deluxe; version R37.67; Build 27.1.37.67; Windows 10 Home
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since you indicated that you get stuck in a loop with this credit card account, I would suggest that you consider deactivating the connection and reconnecting the account to Capital One.  As I am sure you know, Capital One requires an extra step to connect its accounts, and that "looping" could be related to that. 

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• RFW
    RFW Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. Have done that. More than a few times. And using different backup files. I have sorted out all of my other accounts that were not working, and gotten them back to updating using One Step Update. I am just going to stop using Capital One. Thank you for assisting
  • LAF
    LAF Member
    Options
    I am having the exact same problem. I have not been able to download transactions from my Capital One credit card account or my Capital One savings account since January 22, 2022. It asks me to reauthorize. I've done that many, many times with no success, whether I reauthorize each account separately or both together. I have deactivated transaction download for both accounts and attempted to reactivate both accounts, but I am unable to reactivate in Quicken. Still, each time I do try to reauthorize, I receive an email from Capital One with the Subject: "You linked Quicken to your Capital One account" and the start of the message stating: "You linked your Capital One® account(s) to Quicken."

Quicken Deluxe v. R38.29, Build: 27.1.38.29, Windows 10 Home
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LAF said:
    I am having the exact same problem. I have not been able to download transactions from my Capital One credit card account or my Capital One savings account since January 22, 2022. It asks me to reauthorize. I've done that many, many times with no success, whether I reauthorize each account separately or both together. I have deactivated transaction download for both accounts and attempted to reactivate both accounts, but I am unable to reactivate in Quicken. Still, each time I do try to reauthorize, I receive an email from Capital One with the Subject: "You linked Quicken to your Capital One account" and the start of the message stating: "You linked your Capital One® account(s) to Quicken."

Quicken Deluxe v. R38.29, Build: 27.1.38.29, Windows 10 Home
    Hello @LAF,

I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue with downloading transactions. Thank you for getting in touch with us here on the Quicken Community regarding this problem.

You mention that you are unable to reactivate the accounts in Quicken; are you noticing any error messages? Also, how often do you save backups? This can be done anytime by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File, and doing this frequently is beneficial for a number of reasons, data preservation being chief among them. Would it be possible to restore a backup from just prior to the 22nd of January, 2022? You can also restore a backup from the File dropdown menu, by going to Restore a Backup.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to hearing from you further with any updates regarding the situation.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.