CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION and try again

After recent update to RELEASE R38.29.... when I go to download transactions I get the above ERROR message. My internet connection is fine....Anyone else? Is there a fix?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    After recent update to RELEASE R38.29.... when I go to download transactions I get the above ERROR message. My internet connection is fine....Anyone else? Is there a fix?
    Hello @OliveOilMan

I am sorry to hear about this issue with downloads that you are experiencing. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about this.

Are you noticing any error codes when you see this message, such as 'ccscrape.503,' or 'HTTP-400,' for example?

Also, how often do you save a backup? You can save a backup anytime by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the menu at the top of the screen. Do this often, as it is vital in preserving your data and resolving a number of issues. When did you first notice this issue occurring? If possible, I recommend restoring a backup from just prior to that point by going to the same File drop-down menu and selecting Restore a Backup File.

I hope to discuss this issue with you further, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • OliveOilMan
    OliveOilMan Member ✭✭
    Hey thanks Jared.

There has been no error message. Just a pop up saying you are not connected to internet ..

I do have back up of my data. Do it daily.

Once I am at my computer will restore the last back up. Not sure that will work as I have gone in and out and rebooted my computer. But will give it a try.

Will let you know.

Don
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @OliveOilMan

To obtain a better idea of the issue could you attach a screenshot of the error message? Also, does only occur when updating your transactions or also when you are attempting to sync you information? 

Please elaborate further. Thank you! 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OliveOilMan said: when I go to download transactions I get the ERROR message.....
    Sometimes Quicken does not properly see an Internet connection if there is anything beyond the "normal" setup.
    So - what is your Internet setup - and is there anything special showing down on the taskbar for the WiFi icon ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• OliveOilMan
    OliveOilMan Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Paloma" said:
    > Hello @OliveOilMan, 
    >
    > To obtain a better idea of the issue could you attach a screenshot of the error message? Also, does only occur when updating your transactions or also when you are attempting to sync you information? 
    > Please elaborate further. Thank you! 
    > -Quicken Paloma

How do you send a screen Shot? There is no attachment feature

They say
    " Please check internet connection and try again
    WITH A RETRY Button below

Second Error
    Quicken's On Line Service is unavailable at this time. Please wait ten minutes , then try again.
    We apologize for this inconvenience.

FIRST ONE... when I sign in....
    Second One when I go to SYNY after backing up file.

Does this help?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > Hello @OliveOilMan
    >
    > To obtain a better idea of the issue could you attach a screenshot of the error message? Also, does only occur when updating your transactions or also when you are attempting to sync you information? 
    > Please elaborate further. Thank you! 
    > -Quicken Paloma

How do you send a screen Shot? There is no attachment feature

They say
    " Please check internet connection and try again
    WITH A RETRY Button below

Second Error
    Quicken's On Line Service is unavailable at this time. Please wait ten minutes , then try again.
    We apologize for this inconvenience.

FIRST ONE... when I sign in....
    Second One when I go to SYNY after backing up file.

Does this help?
    Hello @OliveOilMan,

I am sorry to hear that the problem with the error messages is continuing. Thank you for keeping in touch with us and continuing to follow up about this problem.

As far as submitting screenshots, here is a thread that details how this can be done here on the Quicken Community:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

You should also be able to drag and drop an image into the body of the comment itself before you click Post Comment.

I hope this is helpful, and we look forward to hearing more from you about this topic.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • OliveOilMan
    OliveOilMan Member ✭✭
    Attached is the error message... My internet is fine.. I work from home in a couple different environments. This pretty much makes QUICKEN unusable.... I rebooted router, rebooted modem, rebooted computer.... Tries on another computer... same message
  • OliveOilMan
    OliveOilMan Member ✭✭
    Here is what occurs after i Try and Sync the daily updated transactions
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using a VPN connection by any chance?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • OliveOilMan
    OliveOilMan Member ✭✭
    Greg... I am not... thanks for checking
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @OliveOilMan

Thank you for your response, although we are sorry to hear that your issue is still persisting. Could you please uninstall and reinstall your Quicken? Before starting the process please ensure you have made a backup of your current file. 

For instructions on uninstalling your Quicken please click here

When you have a moment please attempt the steps from the Help Article linked above and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • OliveOilMan
    OliveOilMan Member ✭✭
    Paloma...sure that is good idea...

How do I upload the APP after uninstalling?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @OliveOilMan

Your data file(s) will not be affected and creating backups does help as well. Towards the bottom of the Help Article to uninstall Quicken, there is an additional one with instructions to reinstall Quicken via download. I have linked it below as well. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

-Quicken Paloma
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OliveOilMan said: How do I upload the APP after uninstalling?
    it's a Program - not everything is called an APP -
    and you DOWNload it from the Quicken website - DOWN is coming to you - UP is sending from you

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• OliveOilMan
    OliveOilMan Member ✭✭
    Thanks .. that was very helpful... my problem is solved
  • OliveOilMan
    OliveOilMan Member ✭✭
    Quicken Palmona

Thanks that worked... slight issue when unistalling, you have to find other files that are on your computer and delete those as well... But everything is running normally again...
    Thanks for your help

Don
This discussion has been closed.