Can no longer access loan details when clicking on account

Dave Chalk
Dave Chalk Member ✭✭
Not sure when this first happened. Assuming in last month when my mortgage payment, which was setup with payments splits for principle/interest, were working with no issues. Within last month, all updates for mortgage have appeared with no splits and all payments going to principle. I did open an older file, 2 years old backup and the loan feature option was looking fine.

Did I miss something or is another update in the works?

Answers

• Dave Chalk
    Dave Chalk Member ✭✭
    Bank in questsion is U.S. Bank..
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you set up this loan Account, did you set it up as a "manual" Account, i.e., the loan is updated by entries (payment) you make in your checking Account, or as a "downloading" Account, i.e., the loan is updated by the lender making entries into the loan Account?  It sort of sounds like a "manual" loan was converted to a "downloading" loan at some point, but that's certainly only a guess. 
    When you say "updates for mortgage have appeared with no splits and all payments going to principle" does this reflect what you're seeing in the checking Account, or over in the loan Account?  I assume you've routinely allowed Quicken's loan wizard to make entries into the checking Account?

• Dave Chalk
    Dave Chalk Member ✭✭
    Loan was setup as a downloaded account. The downloaded updates from Landmark CU has been working with correct split for principle and interest. I have an asset account for the home and and a category setup for mortgage interest. It has worked well for approx. 7 years. Since 1st of year, updates for mortgage have assigned full payment to loan balance, no interest breakout in register entry.

I am not sure what issue is but I did open an older backup account and updated it.. My mortgage data was copied correctly with register entry showing full payment and categories were allocating principle and interest category in proper amounts. I right clicked on CU account and a page opened showing load data, past allocation of payment by principle and interest. My current datafile will not allow me to right click to see original loan data and payment breakout.

I deactivated the account, reset the account, did a validate and restore, problem persists. When I did the restore, the load was recognized but is recognized a checking account, not a loan.

In reference to : "I assume you've routinely allowed Quicken's loan wizard to make entries into the checking Account?" Not sure what you are referring to? Not a step I am familiar with..

I've used Quicken for many years. This last year or two seem to have very troublesome.
This discussion has been closed.