CC-501 error AND completed updates but with no transactions

k.6546
k.6546 Member ✭✭
I started using quicken on Saturday, 2/12. Added all my accounts, worked perfectly. Today, not so much. Getting CC-501 errors (Capital One, Citi, BofA) and, even for those that don't have an error, 0 new transactions are reported (which is not possible). I opened a chat with customer service, then promptly forgot about it and they actually called me (color me impressed). Not impressed with the advice though, which was "wait 24 hours" and if it still doesn't work "wait some more". wut? I'm seeing now that this issue is pretty pervasive--lots of posts, some regarding particular banks. Has anyone found a workaround? I'm baffled by Quicken's posting weekly updates on one of the threads saying the issue is not resolved and they have no ETA for a fix (how is this a way to run a company? isn't there a smart programmer that can figure it out?). I did find one mention that this is related to the Express Web Connect method for updating. Has anyone found success in switching to Direct Connect?
Thanks!

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • k.6546
    k.6546 Member ✭✭
    Thanks! I actually tried this twice on one of my accounts. I deactivated it, then set it up again. Never in that process was I asked which update method i preferred. Here are the instructions I followed:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-change-bank-connection-method
    any thoughts?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    k.6546 said:
    Thanks! I actually tried this twice on one of my accounts. I deactivated it, then set it up again. Never in that process was I asked which update method i preferred. Here are the instructions I followed:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-change-bank-connection-method
    any thoughts?
    I suggest you deactivate the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and clear the financial institution name on the General tab.  After you have deactivated the Online Services of all of the registers associated with the financial institution and cleared the financial institution name on the General tab, select Tools > Add Account....  Enter the name of the institution and select an appropriate match.  If the financial institution you selected supports more than one connection method you should be able to select Advanced Options and choose the desired connection method   If you chose Direct Connect or Express Web Connect, after you have authenticated with the financial institution, Quicken should provide the list of the accounts it obtained at the financial institution and allow you to link the accounts to the appropriate existing registers.  If you chose Web Connect, you'll download the available transactions from the financial institutions web site and should be able to match the import QFX file to the appropriate existing register.

Note: When we change connection methods, the initial import may present duplicate transactions.  These may be selected and deleted as group.
This discussion has been closed.