Renaming based on Memo content

Parkd2
Parkd2 Member ✭✭
Is there a way to rename a downloaded item based on the Memo content? My wife and I both get SSA payments with different amounts and deductions but the Payee is the same so her's comes in with the correct amount but the split is wrong because it is using my memorized payee. Our name is the Memo field but I can't figure out how to get quicken to recognize the difference and use the correct memorized payee.

Best Answers

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I suggest entering the SSA payment transactions in the register before accepting the downloaded transactions.  For example, you may use a income reminders that are automatically entered.  Quicken should automatically match the imported transactions to the transactions entered using the reminders.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Renaming rules should work based on what is in the memo field as well as what is in the payee field.  But I agree with @Sherlock the best way to do it is just a reminder that is pre-entered into the register where it will match it by amount.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Parkd2
    Parkd2 Member ✭✭
    I'll try renaming based on the memo field and if that doesn't work will go with the "reminder" option. The problem with the reminder option is that the SSA checks are issued on the 4th Wednesday of the month and reminders are only by day of the month so I have to set it to the 20th to be sure it is "pre-entered".
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Parkd2 said:
    I'll try renaming based on the memo field and if that doesn't work will go with the "reminder" option. The problem with the reminder option is that the SSA checks are issued on the 4th Wednesday of the month and reminders are only by day of the month so I have to set it to the 20th to be sure it is "pre-entered".
    There is (and always has been) a nth [weekday] of the month function, but you need to look a little deeper ...

How to set up reminder for 3rd Wednesday of month

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7863666/faq-how-to-record-social-security-income-customize-day-of-month-for-schedule-in-quicken-for-windows (contains both Windows and Mac instructions. Mac users please scroll down a little)

• Parkd2
    Parkd2 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    WOW! I didn't see it. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.