Sync issue changing categories and memos/notes

E K E
E K E Member ✭✭
I noticed this issue starting around 2/7/2022; it may have started earlier

I think that syncing to the cloud has changed many of my categories. I use Quicken to track transfers between savings and investment accounts. Up until last week, designating transfers between each account worked well but now I have noticed that updating through sync over-writes memos and categories.
(1) For instance, I adjust the category from the standard "Transfer" to "Transfer:[X account]". Starting last week, when I have a new transfer for "Transfer:[Y account]", even historical X account transfers have been overwritten to the Y account.
(2) I noticed this issue starting around 2/7/2022; it may have started earlier. I have used memos to track certain activities including payments and related transfers. In the past, sync did not modify memos on historical transfers. Last week, I noticed that sync erased memos I inserted into transfers between accounts!

These issues distort my reporting!! Is this a bug or did I mess something up?

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @E K E You posted the same thing in a different thread. When posting on this forum, please don't ask the same question in multiple threads, as it makes working through a problem more difficult for those who may be trying to help you. Please see my reply to your post in the other thread.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • E K E
    E K E Member ✭✭
    Sorry. Thanks.
  • E K E
    E K E Member ✭✭
    Is there an easy way to find the messages/questions that I post?
  • E K E
    E K E Member ✭✭
    I might have missed it but does the message board send notifications to the poster if there are responses? I don't remember seeing a notice that you had posted a response to my question. Thanks, again.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2022
    E K E said:
    I might have missed it but does the message board send notifications to the poster if there are responses?
    It can, but you have to turn on that option. Edit your profile & look under Notification Preferences. "Notify me when people mention me" would have notified you when @jacobs mentioned you by name. "Notify me when people comment on my discussions" would also have worked for this particular thread since you started it.

You might also find these helpful: 

FAQ: Managing Notifications from the Quicken Community
    FAQ: How do I find my posts and comments?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.