R38.29 - What happened to the Net Worth by Assets and Liabilities graph?

Options
DannyB52
DannyB52 Member ✭✭
Windows 10 v. 10.0.19043 Build 19043
Quicken Premier v. R38.29 Build 27.1.38.29

Not sure when this happened, but I am no longer able to show the "Net Worth by Assets and Liabilities" graph' The numbers for Assets, Liabilities and Net Worth are there but no graph. I click on the gear icon and the option "Show full Net Worth graph" but when I click on it nothing happens - no graph shows up. Is there something else I need to do to restore this graph? Is the graph non longer available? Is this a bug with recent updates? Anybody else noticed this or having this problem?
B) Danny
QW Subscription, R38.30, Windows 10 Home

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It's not clear what you tried with the reports, but if you go to the Net Worth report, there is a Show Graph button at the top right. This turns the graph on and off. You can set the time period and interval, and also select accounts and securities to include.

If the graph does not display at all, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Quicken.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Options
    It sounds like you are accessing this graph from the classic Home tab. 

Often customizing the view and removing the Net Worth panel then putting the panel back will fix this sort of problem.

Alternatively, you can use the report and graph at Reports > Net Worth & Balances > Net Worth

• DannyB52
    DannyB52 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Jim, I tried removing and re-adding the Net Worth panel but no go. I even removed it, closed and reopened Quicken then added the panel back. Still not able to show the graph. I tried going through reports and couldn't get anything from there. Scratching my head... Not a big deal since I can see my net wort as a graph through P******l C*****l. It was nice to be able to see a graph in Quicken also.
    B) Danny
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It's not clear what you tried with the reports, but if you go to the Net Worth report, there is a Show Graph button at the top right. This turns the graph on and off. You can set the time period and interval, and also select accounts and securities to include.

If the graph does not display at all, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Quicken.
  • DannyB52
    DannyB52 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I think the graph I'm looking for doesn't exist anymore. I do have a net worth graph in the new Dashboard which is not great but OK. As for the Net Worth report, I tried Reports/Net Worth & Balances/Net Worth and got nothing. I also tried Reports/Reports & Graph Center which brought up the Reports and Graphs window. I clicked on the Net Worth & Balances menu in the Quicken Standard Reports column and selected Net Worth. I entered several different "Report balance as of:" dates and clicked on Show Report... nothing. I also clicked on Show Graph and, again, nothing.

Where I have a tab on the Home page titled "Net worth" where I have several reports showing including "Net Worth" which shows up on the page as "Net Worth by Assets and Liabilities: [date range]" This report gives me the numbers for Assets, Liabilities and Net Worth for the date range selected but won't show a graph even though it is an option in the gear drop down menu.

Again, I appreciate your engagement with this and I may reinstall Quicken to see if that makes a difference.
    B) Danny
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @DannyB52 - I have been able to pull up all the reports you mention and get the graphs as well as the details for all of them to show. 
    Sometimes when Quicken updates to a new revision the installation does not fully complete.  It sounds to me that perhaps that might be the case with your installation of Quicken.
    In those cases, sometime closing and reopening Quicken can resolve the issue.  Sometimes rebooting the computer can resolve the issue.  And, yes, sometimes it does require a reinstall of Quicken.  I think one of these 3 things will probably resolve the graphing issue for you.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• DannyB52
    DannyB52 Member ✭✭
    Options
    thanks Boatnmaniac (love that screen name!). I've done 1 and 2. It may be time for a fresh install of Quicken.
    B) Danny
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DannyB52 said:
    thanks Boatnmaniac (love that screen name!). I've done 1 and 2. It may be time for a fresh install of Quicken.
    Well, I love boating and my wife sometimes refers to me as a maniac (lovingly, I hope) so I put the two together to come up with Boatnmaniac!  :smile:

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.