BNY Pershing

Options
RNeisser
RNeisser Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Investing (Windows)
Two weeks ago, I opened up a Pershing investment account in Quicken downloaded the initial transactions correctly. However, today there were several new transactions that Quicken did not download.

Comments

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depending on the connection there could be a day lag for downloading transactions.  If they were done today try to download them tomorrow 
  • RNeisser
    RNeisser Member ✭✭
    Options
    Bingo! Transactions showed up today. I apologize for my impatience.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great!   So that probably means the connection is "Express Web Connect" which means the Quicken servers aggregate the data nightly.  If a "Direct Connect" connection is available you could switch to that and get immediate access to posted  transactions.  If available, on the account online services page it might tell you that there is an improved connection available with a link to see how to set it up.  Just be aware that some FIs will charge a monthly fee for this type of connection. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Note that almost all investing accounts use Direct Connect only. In many cases, however, the data is updated overnight and will not download until the next day.

Also if you are buying and selling stocks or ETFs or reinvesting dividends, the transactions may not settle for 2 or 3 trading days. 

See this article
    https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/what-do-t1-t2-and-t3-mean/
    for more information.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, Jim.  That is true.  Note, however that the settlement date does not impact when transactions will download. It really depends on whether when you see the transaction online it is "posted" or "pending/processing".  Posted transactions will download while pending/processing generally will not. 
This discussion has been closed.