PayPal Download Issues

dondgc
dondgc Member ✭✭✭
Since the most recent Quicken update (early January) at least four threads have been started in this forum by people who are having significant issues in Quicken when updating PayPal accounts. This makes the fifth thread, and it is necessary to post it because no one from Quicken has responded to any of the other four.

The issues are two fold:

1) Quicken now downloads a PayPal invoice as a transaction. The invoice should not be downloaded and so it needs to be manually deleted for every transaction initiated by invoice

2) Quicken no longer downloads the PayPal transaction fee. The payment is downloaded, and if there is a transfer to another account it downloads the transfer amount. But it no longer downloads the transaction fee, which makes it impossible to match transaction fees to specific transactions. And it requires manually entering a batch transaction fee to reconcile at the end of the day.

Neither of these were issues before the January update. It would be nice to see these issues recognized by Quicken.

Don

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Posts in this forum are not an appropriate way to report an issue to Quicken.   If you want a response from Quicken, I suggest you contact Quicken Supporthttps://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    Since the most recent Quicken update (early January) at least four threads have been started in this forum by people who are having significant issues in Quicken when updating PayPal accounts. This makes the fifth thread, and it is necessary to post it because no one from Quicken has responded to any of the other four.

The issues are two fold:

1) Quicken now downloads a PayPal invoice as a transaction. The invoice should not be downloaded and so it needs to be manually deleted for every transaction initiated by invoice

2) Quicken no longer downloads the PayPal transaction fee. The payment is downloaded, and if there is a transfer to another account it downloads the transfer amount. But it no longer downloads the transaction fee, which makes it impossible to match transaction fees to specific transactions. And it requires manually entering a batch transaction fee to reconcile at the end of the day.

Neither of these were issues before the January update. It would be nice to see these issues recognized by Quicken.

Don> @Sherlock said:
    > Posts in this forum are not an appropriate way to report an issue to Quicken.   If you want a response from Quicken, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

They are well aware of the issue. They choose not to address it.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    dondgc said:

The issues are two fold:

Don> @Sherlock said:
    > Posts in this forum are not an appropriate way to report an issue to Quicken.   If you want a response from Quicken, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

They are well aware of the issue. They choose not to address it.
    Then you need to accept their decision. 

Note: PayPal only supports the Express Web Connect connection method.  This means it is Intuit that is responsible for pulling your account data from the PayPal web site and formatting it appropriately for Quicken.  All Quicken Support can do is escalate the issue to Intuit's Express Web Connect script team.   

• TomL8
    TomL8 Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > Then you need to accept their decision. 
    >
    > Note: PayPal only supports the Express Web Connect connection method.  This means it is Intuit that is responsible for pulling your account data from the PayPal web site and formatting it appropriately for Quicken.  All Quicken Support can do is escalate the issue to Intuit's Express Web Connect script team.   

This is not correct - Quicken is no longer part of Intuit, so Intuit has nothing to do with this issue? According to PayPal, the Quicken software is responsible for pulling and formatting the data from PayPal - just like with any other bank's online access. I confirmed with PayPal that nothing has changed on their end, and something changed in latest software update in Quicken.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Hello @TomL8,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion.
    TomL8 said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    >
    > Note: PayPal only supports the Express Web Connect connection method.  This means it is Intuit that is responsible for pulling your account data from the PayPal web site and formatting it appropriately for Quicken.  All Quicken Support can do is escalate the issue to Intuit's Express Web Connect script team.   

This is not correct - Quicken is no longer part of Intuit, so Intuit has nothing to do with this issue? According to PayPal, the Quicken software is responsible for pulling and formatting the data from PayPal - just like with any other bank's online access. I confirmed with PayPal that nothing has changed on their end, and something changed in latest software update in Quicken.
    Sherlock's response you quoted is correct. To clarify; while you are correct in that Quicken is no longer owned by Intuit, Intuit is still our service provider for our Express Web Connect connection method. 

I hope this clarifies things! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    TomL8 said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    >

While it is true Quicken is no longer part of Intuit,  Quicken still depends on Intuit for the Express Web Connect connection method.  When we use the Express Web Connect connection method, it is Intuit's servers that are pulling the account data from the Paypal web site and formatting the data for import to Quicken.   Quicken is paying Intuit for this service. 
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @TomL8,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion.
    > Sherlock's response you quoted is correct. To clarify; while you are correct in that Quicken is no longer owned by Intuit, Intuit is still our service provider for our Express Web Connect connection method. 
    >
    > I hope this clarifies things! Thank you.

@Quicken Anja the "Intuit vs Quicken" is a side issue that should not be of concern to users. What is a concern - and has been expressed in multiple posts - are the PayPal download issues that started with the January Quicken update. If you could address those issues, which are detailed in my original post, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    dondgc said:
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @TomL8,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and adding to this discussion.
    > Sherlock's response you quoted is correct. To clarify; while you are correct in that Quicken is no longer owned by Intuit, Intuit is still our service provider for our Express Web Connect connection method. 
    >
    > I hope this clarifies things! Thank you.

@Quicken Anja the "Intuit vs Quicken" is a side issue that should not be of concern to users. What is a concern - and has been expressed in multiple posts - are the PayPal download issues that started with the January Quicken update. If you could address those issues, which are detailed in my original post, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you.
    It's not a side issue because it is Intuit's issue to address.  If you reported the issue to Quicken Support and they have escalated the issue to Intuit's Express Web Connect team as you have indicated, you need to be very patient.  Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you maintain the register offline.  
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > It's not a side issue because it is Intuit's issue to address.  If you reported the issue to Quicken Support and they have escalated the issue to Intuit's Express Web Connect team as you have indicated, you need to be very patient.  Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you maintain the register offline.  

My comment was addressed to Quicken tech support.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    dondgc said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > It's not a side issue because it is Intuit's issue to address.  If you reported the issue to Quicken Support and they have escalated the issue to Intuit's Express Web Connect team as you have indicated, you need to be very patient.  Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you maintain the register offline.  

My comment was addressed to Quicken tech support.
    To learn how to contact Quicken Support, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • Rick11
    Rick11 Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I posted the PayPal download issue in another thread and as Don stated in the opening post here, no one responded that post. So I have been following this post and what I see is 'kicking the can down the road' with "its not Quicken its Intuit and vice versa"... (to me as a consumer of the Quicken product, I'm not concerned with who owns the product or who is technically responsible, my concern is getting the issue addressed so that I can use the product without having to delete incorrect download issue to balance my accounts).

This problem has been reported to Quicken both this year and last year!

PLEASE READ the Following:

FYI: The PAYPAL download issue was a past issue (sometime last year) that was resolved and the downloads was working as it was suppose to. Then with the January update to Quicken, the previous PAYPAL download issue reappeared. (It would seem to me that the January Quicken update did not include the previous fix to the PayPal download issue) So in theory, it should not be difficult to look back at the technical notes to see how the problem was resolved last year and fix it again going forward.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rick11 said:
    I posted the PayPal download issue in another thread and as Don stated in the opening post here, no one responded that post. So I have been following this post and what I see is 'kicking the can down the road' with "its not Quicken its Intuit and vice versa"... (to me as a consumer of the Quicken product, I'm not concerned with who owns the product or who is technically responsible, my concern is getting the issue addressed so that I can use the product without having to delete incorrect download issue to balance my accounts).

This problem has been reported to Quicken both this year and last year!

PLEASE READ the Following:

FYI: The PAYPAL download issue was a past issue (sometime last year) that was resolved and the downloads was working as it was suppose to. Then with the January update to Quicken, the previous PAYPAL download issue reappeared. (It would seem to me that the January Quicken update did not include the previous fix to the PayPal download issue) So in theory, it should not be difficult to look back at the technical notes to see how the problem was resolved last year and fix it again going forward.
    Again, this is really just a user forum - not how to report issues to Quicken.  You should not expect any response from Quicken to any post here.   There is no kicking the can down the road going on at all. 

If you want the issue addressed, report the issue to Quicken Support.  Quicken Support should escalate the issue to Intuit's Express Web Connect scripting team.  Intuit's management will decide how they'll allocate their limited resources to address their list of existing Express Web Connect issues.

Again, to contact Quicken Support, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > Again, this is really just a user forum - not how to report issues to Quicken.  You should not expect any response from Quicken to any post here.   There is no kicking the can down the road going on at all. 
    >
    > If you want the issue addressed, report the issue to Quicken Support.  Quicken Support should escalate the issue to Intuit's Express Web Connect scripting team.  Intuit's management will decide how they'll allocate their limited resources to address their list of existing Express Web Connect issues.
    >
    > Again, to contact Quicken Support, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

If you have a suggestion on how to actually fix the issue, we would all appreciate your help.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    dondgc said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > Again, this is really just a user forum - not how to report issues to Quicken.  You should not expect any response from Quicken to any post here.   There is no kicking the can down the road going on at all. 
    >
    > If you want the issue addressed, report the issue to Quicken Support.  Quicken Support should escalate the issue to Intuit's Express Web Connect scripting team.  Intuit's management will decide how they'll allocate their limited resources to address their list of existing Express Web Connect issues.
    >
    > Again, to contact Quicken Support, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

If you have a suggestion on how to actually fix the issue, we would all appreciate your help.
    To actually fix the issue, (again) I suggest, after you have reported the issue to Quicken Support, you wait patiently until the issue is addressed by Intuit. 

If you want to attempt to work around the issue, I suggest exporting the transactions from the PayPal as a CSV file and using a tool, such as ImportQIF. to convert the CSV file into a file format that may be imported into Quicken. 
  • Rick11
    Rick11 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    The information I posted on this community thread was just that, information for other users to be informed of the issues with the hopes that if enough users see it they will report it and Quicken will hopefully get the issue addressed sooner than later.

FYI: I and many others reported this same issue to Quicken last year and the issue was resolved, Then with the Quicken update in January, the same issue reappeared.

I also tried a chat session with Quicken just this week with details of what the issue is with the PayPal downloads. That chat session was a total waste of about 45 minute's of my time. Even after providing written details of the issue to the representative 'three times on that chat session', the representative still did not get it. [Removed - Inaccurate/Disruptive] It was very frustrating to even deal with them. I finally gave up and just dropped the chat session with no indication that the issue was even documented by the representative.

My point in this is that Quicken and the Quicken support is not what it use to be (Not that it matters, but for those that may not be aware, Quicken was sold again last year to another private equity firm - Aquiline Capital Partners).

Again, I was not trying to use the community forum to report a problem to Quicken. I was only conveying information to other Quicken users which is what I thought a community page was for.

If my post on this thread are against community policy, feel free to delete it.
  • WAA
    WAA Member ✭✭
    Thank you to the posters who have clearly specified the problems with PayPal downloads into Quicken.

I have the same issue of missing or incomplete PayPal transaction downloads since January 6, 2022. I spent an hour last night with Quicken support where they looked at logs of my activity and also screenshots of my PayPal account. They curtly replied that all the transactions were in the log file and I must have deleted them. Wrong. They then told me to have a nice day and stay safe and "hung up" on the chat. They refused to escalate the issue.

In my Quicken PayPal register, I clearly have missing transactions, some PayPal deposits have no "Fee Amount" connected to them, and some Fee Amounts have no deposits. What is the point of using Quicken if I have to manually enter these items in the register? BTW, I have used Quicken since DOS5.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > To actually fix the issue, (again) I suggest, after you have reported the issue to Quicken Support, you wait patiently until the issue is addressed by Intuit. 
    >
    > If you want to attempt to work around the issue, I suggest exporting the transactions from the PayPal as a CSV file and using a tool, such as ImportQIF. to convert the CSV file into a file format that may be imported into Quicken. 

Please see the post from @WAA in this thread. Your thoughts? Let me repeat that a previous thread on this issue was closed by Quicken with no explanation and with no reason (no vulgarities, no character assassination, just people politely seeking an answer).
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    dondgc said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > To actually fix the issue, (again) I suggest, after you have reported the issue to Quicken Support, you wait patiently until the issue is addressed by Intuit. 
    >
    > If you want to attempt to work around the issue, I suggest exporting the transactions from the PayPal as a CSV file and using a tool, such as ImportQIF. to convert the CSV file into a file format that may be imported into Quicken. 

Please see the post from @WAA in this thread. Your thoughts? Let me repeat that a previous thread on this issue was closed by Quicken with no explanation and with no reason (no vulgarities, no character assassination, just people politely seeking an answer).
    Regarding the post by @WAA, I've flagged the post so a moderator might choose to followup on the poor Quicken Support experience.

Regarding the closed discussion, moderators may arbitrarily close a discussion.  They don't have to provide us with any explanation.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    WAA said:
    Thank you to the posters who have clearly specified the problems with PayPal downloads into Quicken.

I have the same issue of missing or incomplete PayPal transaction downloads since January 6, 2022. I spent an hour last night with Quicken support where they looked at logs of my activity and also screenshots of my PayPal account. They curtly replied that all the transactions were in the log file and I must have deleted them. Wrong. They then told me to have a nice day and stay safe and "hung up" on the chat. They refused to escalate the issue.

In my Quicken PayPal register, I clearly have missing transactions, some PayPal deposits have no "Fee Amount" connected to them, and some Fee Amounts have no deposits. What is the point of using Quicken if I have to manually enter these items in the register? BTW, I have used Quicken since DOS5.
    Hello @WAA

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize for the negative experience. I have sent you a message regarding this. When you have a moment please check your inbox. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • Paul Proefrock
    Paul Proefrock Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > Hello @WAA
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize for the negative experience. I have sent you a message regarding this. When you have a moment please check your inbox. 
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > -Quicken Paloma

Quicken Paloma, there are a bunch of us also experiencing the issue, that's why we're following the thread. Is there more info to supply? why not post to the group?

Need more examples? I'm manually adjusting my downloads every day. There is a quiet bunch on this forum also.

Paul
  • WAA
    WAA Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Paloma" said:
    > Hello @WAA, 
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize for the negative experience. I have sent you a message regarding this. When you have a moment please check your inbox. 
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > -Quicken Paloma

I have read your message and strongly disagree with the statement that you were "unable to find any errors." There were multiple transactions in the screen shot of my PayPal account that were not downloaded into Quicken. I have even made a test file to download anew and have the same errors. This has been going on for over a month, since early January. It is embarassing to me since I recommended Quicken. Missing paypal transactions, missing Fee Amounts in deposits, and Fee Amounts missing matching deposits. If you review the transcript of the chat, you will see that I named the transactions in the paypal screenshot that were not in the download. I did NOT delete any transactions. To state that was the reason and then end the chat is egregious. This worked perfectly until January 6.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    > @WAA said:
    > > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > > Hello @WAA
    > >
    > > Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize for the negative experience. I have sent you a message regarding this. When you have a moment please check your inbox. 
    > >
    > > Thank you!
    > >
    > > -Quicken Paloma
    >
    > I have read your message and strongly disagree with the statement that you were "unable to find any errors." There were multiple transactions in the screen shot of my PayPal account that were not downloaded into Quicken. I have even made a test file to download anew and have the same errors. This has been going on for over a month, since early January. It is embarassing to me since I recommended Quicken. Missing paypal transactions, missing Fee Amounts in deposits, and Fee Amounts missing matching deposits. If you review the transcript of the chat, you will see that I named the transactions in the paypal screenshot that were not in the download. I did NOT delete any transactions. To state that was the reason and then end the chat is egregious. This worked perfectly until January 6.

@WAA - Your issue is exactly the issue I and multiple other users are dealing with since the January update. I'm not sure what is more frustrating - the download issue or the (lack of) response from Quicken. I can only hope that we will soon see this issue taken seriously.
  • WAA
    WAA Member ✭✭
    Agreed.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    WAA said:
    > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > Hello @WAA
    >
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > -Quicken Paloma

I have read your message and strongly disagree with the statement that you were "unable to find any errors." There were multiple transactions in the screen shot of my PayPal account that were not downloaded into Quicken. I have even made a test file to download anew and have the same errors. This has been going on for over a month, since early January. It is embarassing to me since I recommended Quicken. Missing paypal transactions, missing Fee Amounts in deposits, and Fee Amounts missing matching deposits. If you review the transcript of the chat, you will see that I named the transactions in the paypal screenshot that were not in the download. I did NOT delete any transactions. To state that was the reason and then end the chat is egregious. This worked perfectly until January 6.
    To reply to the message in your inbox from a moderator, you should enter the reply in the text entry box that appears below Add a Message.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    dondgc said:
    > @WAA said:
    > > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > > Hello @WAA
    > >
    > > Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize for the negative experience. I have sent you a message regarding this. When you have a moment please check your inbox. 
    > >
    > > Thank you!
    > >
    > > -Quicken Paloma
    >
    > I have read your message and strongly disagree with the statement that you were "unable to find any errors." There were multiple transactions in the screen shot of my PayPal account that were not downloaded into Quicken. I have even made a test file to download anew and have the same errors. This has been going on for over a month, since early January. It is embarassing to me since I recommended Quicken. Missing paypal transactions, missing Fee Amounts in deposits, and Fee Amounts missing matching deposits. If you review the transcript of the chat, you will see that I named the transactions in the paypal screenshot that were not in the download. I did NOT delete any transactions. To state that was the reason and then end the chat is egregious. This worked perfectly until January 6.

@WAA - Your issue is exactly the issue I and multiple other users are dealing with since the January update. I'm not sure what is more frustrating - the download issue or the (lack of) response from Quicken. I can only hope that we will soon see this issue taken seriously.
    As I have tried to explain previously, this isn't an issue that Quicken can fix.  When we use the Express Web Connect connection method, Quicken receives the transactions from Intuit.  All Quicken Support can do is inform the Intuit Express Web Connect scripting team that there appears to be an issue with the scripts that are scraping the data from PayPal accounts.  It's Intuit's management that decides where they choose to allocate their limited resources.  Some high profile Express Web Connect issues appear to be resolved in a couple of weeks, others take months. 
  • starpal
    starpal Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    > @Sherlock said:
    > As I have tried to explain previously, this isn't an issue that Quicken can fix.  When we use the Express Web Connect connection method, Quicken receives the transactions from Intuit.  All Quicken Support can do is inform the Intuit Express Web Connect scripting team that there appears to be an issue with the scripts that are scraping the data from PayPal accounts.  It's Intuit's management that decides where they choose to allocate their limited resources.  Some high profile Express Web Connect issues appear to be resolved in a couple of weeks, others take months. 

> @Sherlock said:
    > To reply to the message in your inbox from a moderator, you should enter the reply in the text entry box that appears below Add a Message.

Yes, I did Add a Message to the moderator in my inbox. My response was posted here to keep other users with the same trouble informed of the status of my situation, as they have kept me informed about their situation.

[Removed - Speculation] In fact, they state they find no errors. This is certainly not the case which can be shown by simply reviewing the transactions that appear on the paypal account and the quicken download for the same date range. I don't pretend to know what the cause of the error is, only that the software I am glad to pay a subscription fee to use had been working on January 6, 2022. Quicken then installed an update and is no longer working. Telling me that there is no error or that I must have deleted downloaded transactions does not make me believe the "Quicken Support will inform the Intuit Express Web Connect scripting team that there appears to be an issue with the scripts that are scraping the data from PayPal accounts." The question is not whether or not Quicken can fix the issue, it is whether Quicken Support will acknowledge there is an issue and request whoever is responsible for the functionality to restore it.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    starpal said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > As I have tried to explain previously, this isn't an issue that Quicken can fix.  When we use the Express Web Connect connection method, Quicken receives the transactions from Intuit.  All Quicken Support can do is inform the Intuit Express Web Connect scripting team that there appears to be an issue with the scripts that are scraping the data from PayPal accounts.  It's Intuit's management that decides where they choose to allocate their limited resources.  Some high profile Express Web Connect issues appear to be resolved in a couple of weeks, others take months. 

> @Sherlock said:
    > To reply to the message in your inbox from a moderator, you should enter the reply in the text entry box that appears below Add a Message.

Yes, I did Add a Message to the moderator in my inbox. My response was posted here to keep other users with the same trouble informed of the status of my situation, as they have kept me informed about their situation.

[Removed - Speculation] In fact, they state they find no errors. This is certainly not the case which can be shown by simply reviewing the transactions that appear on the paypal account and the quicken download for the same date range. I don't pretend to know what the cause of the error is, only that the software I am glad to pay a subscription fee to use had been working on January 6, 2022. Quicken then installed an update and is no longer working. Telling me that there is no error or that I must have deleted downloaded transactions does not make me believe the "Quicken Support will inform the Intuit Express Web Connect scripting team that there appears to be an issue with the scripts that are scraping the data from PayPal accounts." The question is not whether or not Quicken can fix the issue, it is whether Quicken Support will acknowledge there is an issue and request whoever is responsible for the functionality to restore it.
    The former of the responses you quoted was intended for dondgc and the latter for WAA.  As this is your one and only post in this discussion, I find your contribution to be confusing.
  • WAA
    WAA Member ✭✭
    > @Sherlock said:
    > The former of the responses you quoted was intended for dondgc and the latter for WAA.  As this is your one and only post in this discussion, I find your contribution to be confusing.

Sorry for your confusion. I posted the above comments from my personal account where I was following the discussion, so my comment should be read as coming from WAA. I thought I was making two separate replies but they ended up in one comment.

The first comment was a reply to the statement by Sherlock about replying to a message from a moderator. The second comment was a reply to the statement by Sherlock that this isn't an issue that Quicken can fix. Once again, if they can't fix it, they can escalate it to whoever can.

After several phone and chat conversations, Quicken won't acknowledge there is a problem. I post here to share with other users having the same issue, hoping a solution can be found for all of us. Remember, this problem seemed to develop after a Quicken update, just as it did in June '21.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    WAA said:
    > @Sherlock said:
    > The former of the responses you quoted was intended for dondgc and the latter for WAA.  As this is your one and only post in this discussion, I find your contribution to be confusing.

Sorry for your confusion. I posted the above comments from my personal account where I was following the discussion, so my comment should be read as coming from WAA. I thought I was making two separate replies but they ended up in one comment.

The first comment was a reply to the statement by Sherlock about replying to a message from a moderator. The second comment was a reply to the statement by Sherlock that this isn't an issue that Quicken can fix. Once again, if they can't fix it, they can escalate it to whoever can.

After several phone and chat conversations, Quicken won't acknowledge there is a problem. I post here to share with other users having the same issue, hoping a solution can be found for all of us. Remember, this problem seemed to develop after a Quicken update, just as it did in June '21.
    Personal account?  Why would you have more more than one account in the community?

My hope is other users have been more successful at communicating the specific PayPal issue to Quicken Support and the issues has been appropriately escalated to the Intuit Express Web Connect scripting team.  With any luck, it will be addressed in a few months.

Note: Posting me too is not really helpful.
  • dondgc
    dondgc Member ✭✭✭
    The bottom line is that this issue started simultaneously with the January update. PayPal says there were no changes made on their end at that time. So far Quicken has not pointed the finger at Intuit but only denied that any such issue exists.
This discussion has been closed.