To date budget expense does not agree with sum of monthly expenses (Q Mac)

kleeberg
kleeberg Member ✭✭
To date budget expense does not agree with sum of monthly expenses. Hobbies for Jan thru Feb show a total of $275 while January shows $7 and February shows $76. Showing the individual transactions for Feb shows a total of $288. $212 is missing? How can I fix that? Is this is the tip of the iceberg?

Paul

Best Answer

• kleeberg
    kleeberg Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I discovered the issue. I had dated a return as 2/16 and marked it it as entered. When I ran the summary for the year through February on 2/15 it showed the amount without the credit as it did in the February column in the budget. Yet it did appear when looking at the the individual transactions for the month of February from the budget window. Now that it is 2/16, all is well.

Paul

Answers

• kleeberg
    kleeberg Member ✭✭
    Correction: The individual transactions for February totaled $267 not $288. Otherwise, the rest of the message is correct with $212 missing.
  • kleeberg
    kleeberg Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I discovered the issue. I had dated a return as 2/16 and marked it it as entered. When I ran the summary for the year through February on 2/15 it showed the amount without the credit as it did in the February column in the budget. Yet it did appear when looking at the the individual transactions for the month of February from the budget window. Now that it is 2/16, all is well.

Paul
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    kleeberg said:

Paul
    @kleeberg,

Thank you so much for continuing to provide updates about this situation here on the Quicken Community. I am happy to hear that you have found a solution.

Feel free to reach out to the Quicken Community again with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.