New Checking Transactions no longer download in one step update

Options
I see in my online checking account for Manasquan Bank new transactions (debit card, checks, etc.) that I have not yet entered into the Quicken register but have cleared my bank.
These transactions used to download to my check register with One Step Update so I would know to categorize them in Quicken.
They no longer download, so every day I have to go to my bank's website and reconcile my checking account on a daily basis. [Removed - Language]

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @jharris5

I would suggest that you first make a backup of your Quicken datafile (just in case).  Then, open the account register > click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right > select "Edit Account Details" > select the "Online Services" tab > then click on the "Reset Account" button and follow any additional instructions.

This will reset your account and hopefully fix your download problems.  Let me know how that goes.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1) What is your connection method to the bank?  Do TOOLS, Account List and look in the "Transactions Download" column for this info.
    2) Have those transactions actually cleared your bank ... or are they displaying as being queued up to post tonight (i.e., they're "pending").  Q doesn't download Pending transactions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @jharris5

What happens when you try to download transactions, using One Step Update, from this bank - and do you see any error codes?  Are you able to download from any other connected accounts in Quicken?  

If you provide some more information we may be able to help you.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jharris5
    jharris5 Member ✭✭
    Options
    No errors reported
    Using Express Web Connect
    Problem is with transactions that have cleared the bank, not pending current day transactions
    I am able to download transactions from credit cards and brokerage accounts
    Thank you for any suggestions
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @jharris5

I would suggest that you first make a backup of your Quicken datafile (just in case).  Then, open the account register > click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right > select "Edit Account Details" > select the "Online Services" tab > then click on the "Reset Account" button and follow any additional instructions.

This will reset your account and hopefully fix your download problems.  Let me know how that goes.

Frankx 

• jharris5
    jharris5 Member ✭✭
    Options
    replying to Frankx - your solution worked! thank you!
This discussion has been closed.