Quicken with - Community Credit Union of Florida

I want to set up Quicken Deluxe with a Bank #1 checking account using Express Web Connect, and a different Bank#2 checking account using Direct Connect. Does this combo of Express Web Connect and Direct Connect with different banks/accounts cause problems when using Quicken? I'm currently having no success is setting up Direct Connect for Bank #2, and I wondering if this combo might not be permitted by Quicken?

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @REJones

According to the Quicken FIDIR, Community Credit Union of Florida does support "Direct Connect" .

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Hi @REJones,

The manner in which Quicken connects with one bank has no bearing on how (or whether) Quicken can connect with another bank.  These are completely independent of one another and have nothing to do with the way you connect (Direct Connect or Express Web Connect) either.  So, your problems connecting with your Bank #2 are not related to Bank #1.

That being said, you should also know that not all banks allow connections using the Direct Connect method, and some banks that do allow Direct Connect can have a steps that users must complete before they try to connect using Direct Connect (such as signing on to their accounts on the banks website to receive permission to make the connection, etc.).

Have you checked with Bank #2 concerning whether it offers Direct Connect and or requires other steps before making the connection?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Thanks Frank - very helpful. I've been waiting 2 days for the new bank's online banking dept to return my urgent plea for help. Seems they have only 1 staff techie who know anything about Quicken. I might be looking elsewhere soon for yet another new bank/credit union that supports Direct Connect.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you provide the full name of the bank, we might be able to look it up ... and see what manner of download it provides.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    It's Community Credit Union of Florida, and I have a personal checking acct there.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi again @REJones

According to the Quicken FIDIR, Community Credit Union of Florida does support "Direct Connect" .

Frankx

• REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    Yes, CCU-F supports Direct Connect, but so far their support is terrible.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you try to "set up" the account, which type of error code are you seeing, or what happens/ doesn't happen?  Maybe we can point you in the right direction.

Frankx

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    REJones said:
    It's Community Credit Union of Florida, and I have a personal checking acct there.
    As @Frankx mentioned - it is supported by Quicken -
    so what happens when you try the Quicken - ADD ACCOUNT
    01368    01368    01368    Community Credit Union of FL    https://www.ccuflorida.org/   
    321-690-2328    https://www.ccuflorida.org/tob/live/usp-core/app/login/consumer    ACTIVE    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT   
    BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT  
    [EDIT] - also updated topic title to better reflect the actual Q&A regarding CCUFlorida

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    I visited the C.U. headquarters this morning to engage with the tech support shop. Turns out that it was a password problem, which was fixed in 2 minutes. So, I returned home and successfully logged into Direct Connect. However, I now discover that their Direct Connect service does not include bill pay!! I was previously told that it did include bill pay. So, in effect, their Direct Connect service (with its unique password requirement) works no differently than their Express Web Connect! I'm now searching again for another "full service" bank/c.u.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what you mean - the Quicken config from above DOES show Bill Payment supported -
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT  
    This is where you use the CU directly from Quicken to "send" payment transactions - just like their own online website.
    You need to enable it within Quicken - here is my Chase screen - it is NOT the entry for Quicken Bill Pay

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    Hi @REJones,

All indications seem to say that your bank - Community Credit Union - DOES, in fact, support bill payment. I strongly suggest that you try setting up a bill payment via your Quicken's direct connect, because it is likely that it will be effective. In the very least, you should contact the CU to find out why they have indicated that they "do not support bill pay" when Quicken indicates that they do.

Let me know what happens.

Frankx

• REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    Thanks Frankx - Yesterday, the C.U.'s bill pay feature would not activate. So, I once again asked C.U.'s tech support to look into it. Several hours later they called back, and directed me to Deactivate the account, and restart the acct set up process...bill pay is now working. The tech support person I worked with did not know that the C.U. supported bill pay thru Quicken!
  • REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    Update from 2-18-2022 post: Bill pay is NOT working for me at this C.U. The single payment I tried encountered an OL-393-A error, and the C.U.'s tech support claimed it to be in Quicken's court to fix. Hopefully, PNC Bank will be the answer to these continuing problems; awaiting a PIN from PNC to open up DC bill pay.
This discussion has been closed.