Transfer categories in budgets

Paul Kleeberg
Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
Categories can be grouped under headings so they can be collapsed.  For example option-click expenses and then expanding it without the option key, shows only the group category and then one can drill down, for example Taxes:Federal:REI so that I can see the total REI, federal or all taxes.  It also saves screen real estate when looking at expenses. However I have not found a way to group all these [transfer to/from] categories under a higher level so I cannot collapse them.  Is there a way one can do that?

Paul
Quicken user since 1997 when Dollars and $ense died.

Answers

• Hello @Paul Kleeberg,

Thank you for contacting the community regarding this question. 

From what I have gathered, you are wanting to convert a sub-category into a category itself. You can do this by going to Window > Categories then grabbing the subcategory and dragging it out in between any two higher-level categories, a line should appear showing that you have the correct placement. 

I hope this helps.
    Quicken Jasmine 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    I am looking to do the exact opposite.  Put the Transfer to items in a subcategory under Transfers.  I have had no problems in doing it with any of the other categories.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited February 2022
    Hi @Paul Kleeberg,

Thank you for your response, I apologize for the misunderstanding. What you are wanting sounds like an idea post that has already been created to be able to add this feature and is under review by Quicken's developers. I have included a link to the idea post which you can follow and vote on:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7881863/to-and-from-transfer-sub-categories

Have a great day,
    Quicken Jasmine 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Paul Kleeberg
    Paul Kleeberg Member ✭✭✭
    Sadly, it does not have a lot of votes of support so I doubt it will ever happen.  I should think this would be very valuable for the person who tracks their budget closely.
This discussion has been closed.