Another Report Bug with Date Ranges on Reports

[Deleted User]
edited March 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I have several reports that have custom date ranges (Custom to Date).  Within the last month or so, the date ranges revert to "Custom Dates" with a start date of 1/1/22 through current date.  This is along with the other Report issue I submitted today regarding hidden categories.  Because of these issues, all of my reports I have created and saved are useless because I now need to create a new report each time I need one.  Please whomever can fix these report issues at Quicken, take a look at these issues.  In my opinion, these are major bugs that should have been caught.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Damian,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this and for not having received a response yet.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Anja thanks I will give it a try to see if it helps.  But please, take a look at my other post regarding a Report Bug with hidden categories and reports.  That is a major bug caused by Quicken, that should have been caught, 
  • Quicken Anja thanks I will give it a try to see if it helps.  But please, take a look at my other post regarding a Report Bug with hidden categories and reports.  That is a major bug caused by Quicken, that should have been caught, 
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding dates, a few releases ago Quicken introduced a Daily option for the dates specification. That seemed to throw off saved reports  in your cases it seemed to make Custom to date become Year to date even if it may not explicitly show that way. 
    I believe that means you need to edit or recreate each of those reports and re-save accordingly. Like it or not, I don’t believe Quicken Inc will change the program to figure out what you really intended with your prior saved report. 
    HTH
  • q_lurker - Thanks for your feedback.  I did a validate and recreated my reports and so far, the issue is not reappearing.  As for Quicken not changing their program, I can understand that for this issue, but the other issue I reported is another story (re Reporting and hidden categories).  In my opinion, that is a major screwup, that they need to fix. 
This discussion has been closed.