Report Issue

System
System Member admin
edited March 2022 in Reports (Windows)
This discussion was created from comments split from: Help with Customized Report.

Comments

• Hi! I hope you can help me. I'm a long-time user of Quicken and my current version is Windows Home R38.29. I'm trying to create a register report, to include all transactions for one account with a specific date range. I've created this same report countless times, but things aren't going very well today. After customizing the report and clicking OK, the report generated has only the balance for the earliest date selected, followed by the first transaction after that date, and then it shows the balance on the most recent date selected. I have tried every configuration I can think of and keep getting the same result. I have closed and reopened Quicken but that didn't help. Any ideas on what is happening here and how to fix it?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This report works OK for me. There have been issues recently with the column widths of the built-in reports, but that does not appear to be the problem in your case.

Are you sure you have the date range and any other customizations set correctly?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please note that reports found under the Reports menu or the Reports & Graphs Center do not display Running Balances for each transaction.
    The closest to a running balance would be if you subtotaled the report by week or month, but only if you customized the report to show only one account register.
    To print a report with running balance for each transaction for a single account you would have to choose the Print Transactions report. Open the desired account register and select File Menu / Print {register name} or press CTRL+P. Select the date range, choose to print Split transaction detail or not and proceed.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took the OP to mean the report has only the starting balance, one transaction, and the ending balance. I did not see anything about wanting a running balance.

Maybe @mariafrantz can clarify.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.