Quicken/Chase Bank

Since Day One with Quicken its balances always differ from Chase. Wildly. When I force balance Quicken with Chase it's soon thousands of dollars difference. My CPA can't figure out what's going on. I note Quicken and Chase both did a software "upgrade" a few weeks ago. My Chase rep mumbled something about the connection dropping off before all the data is downloaded. [Removed - Rant/Solicitation]

Comments

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dancutrer@

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. Pardon the frustration caused by this issue. Could you please let us know what connection method you are using with your Chase account(s)? Also, which balance seems to be off (ending or online)? 

Please provide further details. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • I don't have the problem with Bank of America or other financial websites via Quicken!!! Quicken shows actual checks and deposits, but the balances have no relation to those. With everything reconciled, today Quicken is showing a balance of less than 50% what Chase shows. I'm using the latest Kaspersky and Express VPN, connecting via Quicken, also the latest version; although, the problem began a couple years ago. The prior Quicken balances also change. It's not unusual to have six-figures in Chase, the correct balance shown on the Chase website, Quicken showing six-figures overdrawn. As Quicken is used for personal accounts, for past years I've added numbers to force Quicken to match reality. That's always in six-figures. The only answer seems to be find a replacement for Quicken, which I don't want to do, or move to Capital One.
  • Hello Hello, Paloma, anybody, suggestions on what I do about the Chase errors?? Thanks.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Hello, Paloma, anybody, suggestions on what I do about the Chase errors?? Thanks.
    Hello @dancutrer@,

Thank you for continuing to check back in with us here on the Quicken Community about this issue. I am sorry that the problem is persisting.

We intend to continue advising you regarding troubleshooting steps as well as providing information, however, there is a key question that @Quicken Paloma had asked earlier regarding connection methods. We need to know what type of connection is being used to link your account(s) for online banking services. You can always check this by going to Tools > Account List in the menu at the top of the screen, right-clicking one of the affected accounts, and then clicking Edit Account. Next, select Online Services.

We look forward to hearing more from you about this issue.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • connection is via Express Web. If we use the alternative we enter the data from Chase, which is already on Quicken. I want to use Express Web, except the numbers never match.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    connection is via Express Web. If we use the alternative we enter the data from Chase, which is already on Quicken. I want to use Express Web, except the numbers never match.
    @dancutrer

I appreciate you reaching out to me and continuing to keep me informed about the situation. 

I want to be sure that there are no filters preventing your register from displaying the information you are looking for. You can clear the filters in the affected account(s) by clicking Reset just above the register itself, next to the All Transactions field. You can also check the sorting of the register by clicking the small, triangular arrow next to Date, at the top of the associated column.  

I hope to hear back from you regarding any new developments, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Reset changes nothing. I've wasted far too much time on this; the problem has existed for years. From other comments other users have the same problem with dl's from financial institutions. If you ever locate and correct the problem with your product, please let me know.
This discussion has been closed.