Renamed Payees from four years ago

My BOA checking is set to "Download transactions starting" in 2021. Over the past few weeks, reconciled transactions from 2017 are being renamed with Bank data. Is there a solution for this?
Tagged:

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    First, check in Quicken Preferences: 

Is the Automatically create rule box checked as indicated above, and if so, is Apply New set to Existing and Future? You may want to uncheck the box or at least change the popup to Future (only). 

Next, open menu WIndow > Payees & Rules and search in the Renaming Rules tab for any already-created rules that may be affecting existing transactions with similar payee names and delete them.

Normally I would not expect renaming rules to be causing reversion to the downloaded payee name, but who knows.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO, Thanks for the response. The checkbox for "Renaming Rules..." is NOT checked - Apply new Renaming Rules is set to "Future Transactions" although this seems moot since the checkbox is not checked.

I did not note any renaming rules under Window - Payees & Rules that is applicable to this.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Sorry that didn't help. It was a shot. My only other thought is do you have Sync turned on in Preferences > Mobile, Web & Alerts? Often when stuff on the desktop database is changing unexpectedly, it seems to be related to mobile sync. For that reason, I don't use mobile sync myself.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.