Issues with Quicken Windows and USAA [Edited]

Options
I have had issues with USAA since around October 2021. Normally its just where the online account balance includes pending charges which can mess with the account reconciliation.
As of last night the errors are terrible. First USAA is not updating at all. I did a validation and it shows no errors. I then Reset the account and it wants to create a new checking account. When I choose to link the old account it works but gives me transactions back to November and changes my account balances without entering anything.
Anyone else having issues? Any solutions?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And as of February 18th, after the last Quicken update, the issues are back. USAA transaction and electronic statement balances are off again, including the pending transactions. This is driving me nuts.
    Hello @michaels2408,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with your balances and transactions. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community about these problems.

First, it is common for transactions in 'pending' on the side of the financial institution to be missing from Quicken. Are there still pending transactions in your online accounts with the bank, credit union, or brokerage? 

Next, what steps are you following to 'reset' the account connections in Quicken? Be sure to save backups frequently by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, be sure that if you are deactivating the accounts from online services, you are reactivating them by going to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. After this, always choose to LINK the accounts in the Action column when prompted, rather than opting to 'Add' them.

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to corresponding with you further about this matter.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.