If I load a backup copy of Quicken, will it totally replace all the data which is not right?

Options
Kittie
Kittie Member ✭✭
I made the mistake of exiting Quicken by check the box that uploaded to the cloud. My file is now a total mess. It tripled the amount due on my credit card and it also tripled what is in my checking account. Has anyone encountered this problem?

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Restoring a backup will put your data file back to where it was at that time, BUT, you have associated that file's internal id with a Quicken Cloud Account (QCA), so you need to delete it.
    To do the deletion, you need to create a new file that is connected to the QCA with its own id.  You don't need to create any accounts, but you do need to activate the Cloud Account when asked.  The reason you create this new file is that Quicken can not delete the QCA associated with the currently open file, so by creating the new file, you make the QCA associated with your original file delete able.
    Go to Edit->Preferences->Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts :smile: 

Next click on Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID.  On the next screen, delete the QCA with the same name as your original file.
    Once deleted, you can restore your backup.  Quicken will create a new QCA, but it will only hold the minimum information (subscription info, etc) it needs to and not anything due to setting up accounts for syncing.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Restoring a backup will put your data file back to where it was at that time, BUT, you have associated that file's internal id with a Quicken Cloud Account (QCA), so you need to delete it.
    To do the deletion, you need to create a new file that is connected to the QCA with its own id.  You don't need to create any accounts, but you do need to activate the Cloud Account when asked.  The reason you create this new file is that Quicken can not delete the QCA associated with the currently open file, so by creating the new file, you make the QCA associated with your original file delete able.
    Go to Edit->Preferences->Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts :smile: 

Next click on Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID.  On the next screen, delete the QCA with the same name as your original file.
    Once deleted, you can restore your backup.  Quicken will create a new QCA, but it will only hold the minimum information (subscription info, etc) it needs to and not anything due to setting up accounts for syncing.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Kittie
    Kittie Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm grateful for your help.
  • Kittie
    Kittie Member ✭✭
    Options
    Your answer was very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.