One Step Update Summary no longer show transaction download summary

hansenb40
hansenb40 Unconfirmed ✭✭✭
When I used One Step Update and see the summary dialog I used to see each of the accounts that had information downloaded; transactions and online balance. I no longer see any of this, just the services updated. Bug? Did I change something to prevent this? See attached.

Comments

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @hansenb40, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please go to a specific account, click the gear called "actions" at the top right-hand corner, and select update now? Once you have done that let me know if your summary looks the same or if it includes account(s) and transactions updated. Thank you!
    - Quicken Jade
  • hansenb40
    @Quicken Jade Not quite the same, as the services updated are not shown. 
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @hansenb40 for that update. Are your transaction still updating? I'm going to look into this issue further and get back to you. Thanks!
    - Quicken Jade
  • hansenb40
    @Quicken Jade Yes, from what I can tell transactions have been updating.
  • sgreco
    sgreco Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Updates works but update summary only shows banking accts and not investment accts
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @sgreco and @hansenb40, can you both please go to Help & "Report a Problem to send a report to us? That will help me get some more information on this issue :smile: Thank you!
    - Quicken Jade
  • hansenb40
    @Quicken Jade I uploaded logs.
  • sgreco
    sgreco Member ✭✭
    Already did that while working with one of the Quicken support people
  • wgkoch
    wgkoch Member ✭✭
    Same issue here.
    Some accounts provide more than 'Update Complete', others don't provide anything. When they DO provide a SUMMARY, the accounts updated are each identified by name and include the number of transactions, even if it is zero. That information is more helpful. A green check mark and 'Update Complete' make for checking flags on the accounts I expected to update and not finding flags leaves me to login to the account (if the transaction is meaningful enough to me).
    I note that, too, with EITHER multiple accounts being updated in a single 'One Step Update' or with only a single account being updated, it doesn't seem to make any difference.
    [][][][][][][] Quicken Windows User pre-2009 [][][][][][][]
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd try the following actions:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• hansenb40
    I'm at version R37.67, Build 27.1.37.67. According to the release notes on the mondo patch, I should already have it and I still have the issue.
  • JRSLATER
    JRSLATER Member ✭✭
    > @hansenb40 said:
    > I'm at version R37.67, Build 27.1.37.67. According to the release notes on the mondo patch, I should already have it and I still have the issue.

Same here. Sent problem to support over a week ago and no response.
  • JRSLATER
    JRSLATER Member ✭✭
    R38.29 downloaded and installed. Still no fix for account transactions not shown on summary of one step update. Have done validate and super validate.
  • BajaBarry
    BajaBarry Member ✭✭
    R38.29 partially works. I reverted to doing individual account updates that seem to work.
  • hansenb40
    Still behaves the same for me with R38.29. @BajaBarry, can you elaborate what partially works means?
  • BajaBarry
    BajaBarry Member ✭✭
    @hansenb40 it processed two of my accounts, but the summary only shows one. I had to manually do four others.
  • hansenb40
    Any update to this? It's been reported by several people.   It's still broke after the updates that have been made available since December. Every time I do a one step update and see the incomplete information I'm reminded about this issue. Thanks for any update.
  • JohnA
    JohnA Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    I'm running 38.29 QFW Premier and the Summary Window now only has information from successful updates regarding Web Connect (Obsolete) FIs.  All other FIs that use Web Connect Express or Direct Connect in the One Step Update process do not show up in the Summary under "Financial Institutions Updated" even though they are updated.  In my case, Web Connect is only used by one FI performing a manual QFX import so after an OSU, the Summary Window will be blank if only the last update is requested but will show the manual update if all updates are requested.
  • hansenb40
    Well, progress I guess. I actually have two systems that I use to look at my quicken data. One I just use to browse the data, the other to do updates. I noticed that the system that I just browse the data that if I looked at the last update status and account list, I actually saw information about the status of the last update. It was wrong, but there was at least data. So, I did this;

Actually ran one step update on the system I browse data with. Saw the same information I saw before. It was incorrect, but It did show two institutions it tried to update (incomplete).

Uninstalled/Reinstalled quicken by running the installer and did a One Step update on the system I browse data with. Same result.

I then tried my main system. Uninstalled and reinstalled using the installer and did an OSU. Same thing, blank summary screen as show in my previous posts.

I then figured there must be something on my main system causing the issue, since at least the system I use to browse showed me 'something'.

So, I completely uninstalled quicken from my system but saved my qdf file for later. After it was done, I removed registry entries with quicken and intuit, anything in appData (both local and roaming) that had quicken or intuit in the path, scrubbed anything in "program files" and "program files (x86)" that had quicken or intuit in the path. Tried to get rid of anything the uninstaller left behind.

Reinstalled quicken. Loaded my data file and did a OSU. The update summary now shows me the institutions that were updated. They all had 0 transactions, but that's ok since I updated this about 3x this morning.

My conclusion is either the installer on a reinstall or  the installation of a patch is not dealing some artifact correctly, since I need to to a complete scrub.

Hope this helps someone.

• SBM
    SBM Member ✭✭
    One Step Update Summary only shows two accounts although multiple accounts actually updated. Also, some accounts show date and time updated and some do not. Running R38.30 on Windows 10 Enterprise.
  • JRSLATER
    JRSLATER Member ✭✭
    > @SBM said:
    > One Step Update Summary only shows two accounts although multiple accounts actually updated. Also, some accounts show date and time updated and some do not. Running R38.30 on Windows 10 Enterprise.

Still no response from Quicken. Long ongoing problem.
  • Ron49
    Ron49 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    My One Step Update Summary only shows two services and none of my 17 bank and credit card accounts. All my accounts seem to be updating but what happened to my results of each account and the amount of transactions downloaded? Running R38.30 on Windows 10 home. This started a few weeks ago with accounts just not giving results. Now I do noy have any results. [Removed-Speculation] All of the people above with the same issue.
  • JRSLATER
    JRSLATER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    [Removed - Speculation]
  • hansenb40
    edited March 2022
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • cdifer
    cdifer Member ✭✭
    Same problem (with R 39.23). The OSU summary worked fine until about a week ago when B of A credit card transactions were the only ones appearing in the summary. None of the investment account transactions appeared. Now, nothing appears except number of quotes updated. Hope they fix it.
  • JRSLATER
    JRSLATER Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    "Hope they fix it." [Removed - Off Topic]
  • Ron49
    Ron49 Member ✭✭
    Contacted Quicken Support today in regard to the update problem. They are working on it but no fix is in site. This is for Ver. R 39.23
  • hansenb40
    edited March 2022
    I wonder what the fix is.

I fully uninstalled it; removed the program, removed left over registry entries, cleaned up appData, cleaned up ProgramData,  cleaned up "program files" and did a full re-install. It's still behaving for me. I get the summary of each institution and I'm even getting error messages and return codes now for institutions that kick back 502/501 and other errors (not related to this issue). 

I'm not suggesting this is a fix, but it did work for me. My suspicion is that some time ago an update or fix left something around that it should have cleaned up. Probably one of the updates from the 4th quarter last year.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Information displayed in the One Step Update Summary window is maintained in the runtime.dat file within a Quicken file specific folder in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Inet folder.  I suggest you exit Quicken and rename the runtime.dat file. If all goes well, you may remove the renamed file.
  • hansenb40
    @Sherlock Indeed it is. I wonder if I 'fixed it' by removing a bad file when I cleaned everything up. I did remove the Quicken folder in ProgramData.

I hope someone else tries your suggestion. It would be nice to have a reasonable workaround for this.

Thanks for the info.
This discussion has been closed.