Receiving Error Message - "This version of Quicken cannot use connected services." (Q Mac)

Options
Quicken tells me I have to update my current MAC version, but I am unable to do that. My last update on Quicken was a week ago, while all the sudden am I now not able to update and have to update my version? Any help would be appreciated. I have logged out of my account and logged back in based on previous discussions.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    What version of Quicken for Mac do you have and what version of macOS are you running. In Quicken, click Quicken > About Quicken. For the Mac, click the Apple Menu then About This Mac.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @amyjames630, when you say "your last update on Quicken" do you mean your last data update/download ... or your last PROGRAM update?
    Also, at Quicken, About Quicken ... what shows as your "Membership Valid Thru" date?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• amyjames630
    Options
    My membership is valid through April. I meant my last transaction update, so a week ago it wasn't an issue.
  • amyjames630
    Options
    Running Quicken v 5.18.2; Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 - I am not able to update to the next Mac Version because computer issues.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    See this: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-mac-end-support-macos-el-capitan-1011-and-macos-sierra-1012-after-v518 noting this statement in particular:

However, connected services may stop working in the future when we adopt new transaction download technology or Quicken Cloud services
    You may be out of luck with your current version of macOS.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • amyjames630
    Options
    Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @amyjames630 Are you certain you can't upgrade your macOS one step, to High Sierra? The tech specs from Apple list the same Mac models which can run Sierra as Macs capable of running High Sierra. If you can update to High Sierra, you should be able to continue using Quicken Mac. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.