Version 2017

While I am still using 2017 version because it does all I need. However, over time, don't really know exact time frame, it reverts back as if I am a new user and I have to load from previous backup. Really annoying. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check your filename length. Quicken can get picky about it if it is longer than eight characters, 12345678.QDF. 
    Also check that there is not a space at the end before the period.
    Rename it in Windows Explorer with Quicken closed. Once renamed, double click on the file to start Quicken with that file, after that, it should find it on its own.
    The old file name will still be in the Recent File list (File menu), but if you select it, Quicken will tell you it can't find it and offer to remove it from the Recent File list.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joeykeyb
    I am still using Q2017, too. I do not have any issue like the one you described.

One thing I do to try to forestall issues is prevent Quicken from accessing the Internet by switching to airplane mode before starting Quicken. I believe you can get the same effect by disabling your internet adapter. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    mshiggins said:
    @Joeykeyb
    I am still using Q2017, too. I do not have any issue like the one you described.

One thing I do to try to forestall issues is prevent Quicken from accessing the Internet by switching to airplane mode before starting Quicken. I believe you can get the same effect by disabling your internet adapter. 
    I suggest you consider setting Windows firewall to block outbound connections by the Quicken applications (qw.exe and quickenPatch.exe).   This is a Quicken specific solution you should be able set once and should not impact other programs.
This discussion has been closed.