How to report cash balances of brokerage accounts

MarkE
MarkE Member ✭✭
edited March 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I want report listing my brokerage accounts, with the cash balance of each one. That's the amount not invested in securities.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Hopefully it's coming to Mac one of these days.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    Click on Investing in the sidebar, then the Portfolio tab, set the filters to Portfolio Value, Group by Account and All Investing Accounts. Then expand each account by clicking the > icon. (Tip: do this from the bottom up to avoid a lot of scrolling.) You will see a Cash line listed for each account. You can print this as a report via the Print icon, top right.

Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to expand all the accounts with one click and even more unfortunately, you have to do this each time you return to this screen. Also, I don't know of any way to show just the Cash line without listing all the other holdings.

You can also export this view to CSV and open in Excel, Numbers or Google Sheets. With some clever sorting, you could then manipulate the report in the spreadsheet to eliminate all but the account names and Cash lines. If you need this, let me know and I'll describe that procedure.
  • MarkE
    MarkE Member ✭✭
    Thank you. It would be good to have this as a report. (In the Windows version it is easily done.)
  • RickO
    Answer ✓
    Hopefully it's coming to Mac one of these days.
This discussion has been closed.