One step updates freezing up

nzeda@
nzeda@ Member ✭✭✭
I have renewed my yearly subscription yesterday and changed from Quicken Premier to Quicken Home & Business.
I have been unable to complete one step updates. It freezes up and I have to use Task Manager to end the task.
I checked for potential solutions in Quicken Community and found this: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907906/crashing-during-one-step-updates-and-online-services-resetting?_ics=1645352037525&irclickid=~wM2Se-fdqnv.kea3WNMECvokbc450RMJCrje94YUK

I performed the following actions:
1. I downloaded and installed all updates (including the mondo patch).
2. I ran the validation
3. I ran the supervalidation
At unsuccessfully tried running one step updates at each step above. Still it is freezing up.

I currently have Quicken version R38.30 Build 27.1.38.30.

Every year, when I renew my subscription, I face this issue. This is very frustrating...

Comments

• aplanedrvr1
    aplanedrvr1 Member ✭✭
    This seems to be a common problem since the updates and re-up on the subscriptions. I have been having this same problem like everyone else. There's an issue within the program that needs to be addressed.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    nzeda@ said:
    I have renewed my yearly subscription yesterday and changed from Quicken Premier to Quicken Home & Business.
    I have been unable to complete one step updates. It freezes up and I have to use Task Manager to end the task.
    I checked for potential solutions in Quicken Community and found this: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907906/crashing-during-one-step-updates-and-online-services-resetting?_ics=1645352037525&irclickid=~wM2Se-fdqnv.kea3WNMECvokbc450RMJCrje94YUK

I performed the following actions:
    1. I downloaded and installed all updates (including the mondo patch).
    2. I ran the validation
    3. I ran the supervalidation
    At unsuccessfully tried running one step updates at each step above. Still it is freezing up.

I currently have Quicken version R38.30 Build 27.1.38.30.

Every year, when I renew my subscription, I face this issue. This is very frustrating...
    Hello @nzeda

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with One Step Updates. Thank you for drawing the attention of the Quicken Community to this issue. 

Be sure to save backups frequently, as this is instrumental in preserving your data, and can even be useful in resolving a number of problems. You can do this by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File in the menu at the top of the screen. Provided that backups are available, try to restore from a backup saved just prior to when you first noticed the issue by going into the same menu mentioned before and selecting File > Restore a Backup File

I hope to hear back from you, and I intend to continue working with you on this problem here in this discussion.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • nzeda@
    nzeda@ Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Quicken Jared,
    I restored the file from a previous backup. It works and I was able to successfully run One Step Update.
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.